RLT - how much?

DW1978

Reaction score
How much Raspberry Leaf tea are you ladies taking?

I've been having the tea (2 cups a day) from about 32 weeks and the tablets (4 a day - morning and night) from about 34 weeks. I was wondering if I can up my dose of the tablets now to 6 a day?

Can you take too much or will my body just keep what it needs? It can't induce labour can it so I didn't there would be much harm in it?

I was thinking the same thing, what strength are your tablets as I'm only taking 2 a day at the moment??

I'm sure it can't really do any harm xx

I think you'll be okay to up it to 6 a day now you're past 36 weeks x

I keep forgetting to pick these up

Anyone got any good links for more info about how they work ect?

:)

Mine are 900mg

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

What does it taste like?

It's just like a light fruity herbal tea taste if that makes any sense :lol: I still have some, I love it! By the time I was overdue I was sick of it!

Good luck ladies! :)

Yeah, its ok, just a fruit tea, although I've got the tea bags. You can get hard core leaves to make 'proper tea' which the guy told me was much stronger and tasted much grosser!! LOL. So I thought I'd get the tea bags and the tablets. I started taking 6 tablets a day from yesterday.

oh wow, mine are 500mg and I've only been taking 2 a day!! Should I be taking more now??

I was gonna say I didnt realise yours were 900mg DW, mine are only 500mg and it says to only take one a day. The lower strength are the ones where you have to take 6. x

Wow, I better start taking more then - Maybe just 3 a day as it does say only to take one!

My midwife said to take nomore than 3 cups a day so not sure what that would be in tablets. They are strengthening your uterus to hopefully make the pushing stage of labour shorter. If you take too much rlt just now you might bring on really strong braxton hicks so just be careful ladies :) xx

For anyone thats interested about the capsules - got this from the holland & barrett website -

Directions:

Take one capsule three to six times daily, preferably with meals or may be taken as a tea by opening capsules into a cup then adding hot water.

Do not exceed stated dose.

If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or taking any medications, please consult a doctor before use.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pa...earchterm=raspberry leaf tea capsules&rdcnt=1

I'm thinking about getting these (a bit late, I know) - dont know if I can be bothered arranging a doc's appointment, did anyone else do that?

:)

Seeing as mine are so strong compared to everyone elses, I think I will cut down to 2/3 tablets a day from now on.

can u drink the tea and take the tabs at same time??
the tea doesnt taste of anything (uness i put sugar in it... big mistake... gross!!!) so i dont mind drinkng it.. just gonna end up forgetting to take it lol!

what if u have too much? just strong bh??
im on 3 cups a day.. only do half cups coz i can only drink it hot not warm lol

I've been having both hun, the tea (2 cups a day) and the tablets.

I'm not sure what the implications of 'overdosing' are, hence the reason I'm going to cut down from 6 to 3 tablets a day.

I was panicking cos I thought the movements had reduced last night and today so was thinking I had done some damage.

Maybe ill grab some tabs too...
seems like alot of reduced movements at the moment.. im still being monitored daily for it... mw said 10 movements a day are fine for 34w..

I'm hoping its either because a) he/she is running out of room now or b) they have moved position and no longer back to back, therefore the limbs are towards my back and not poking straight out my tummy as they were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back