RLT... *Extra Question Please :)*

ButterflyBoo_x

Reaction score
I know theres another thread in Pregnancy club about this, but wondering if i will get more help in here.

the herbalist person and holand and barratt (i know there not called that can't think of the name) recomended taking them from 32 weeks, and as my previous labour ended in Forceps, i would like all the help i can get with the 2nd stage of pregnancy, but there is so much conflicting information. Will taking them now cause me to have preterm labour? has anyone started them from 32 weeks? xx

*Extra question*
Does anyone know the limit of RL we can consume? i know i'm nowhere near the maxium amount yes as still a fair few weeks away! But i want to make a plan :) the tablets i'm taking are 425mg per capsual (can be opened to make a tea to drink), it says 1-2 as needed on the Jar but i'm sure i've seen people consuming more than this? Thankyou anyway x

Last edited:
I started at 30 weeks (naughty me) it was only 1 cup a day and I felt nothing. They sat if your BHs get strong, stop.

Thanks Princess :) i did want to take them earlier but didn't want to be naughty lol, mine say 1 or 2 on the packet, (capsuals) so i will probably take 1 for a couple of weeks then up it too 2, or just see how it goes! Thanks Hun xx

I think I took 1 until 33/34 weeks upped it to 2 then at about 36 went up to 3. I also started the EPO up floof at 36 weeks. Have no baby yet do can't tell you if any of it works lol

Mine says not to take more than 2? and its only 425mg, maybe different for different brands, i've read people taking 6 a day! Going to try try EPO aswell from 37 weeks, are the oral tablets the same as the ones that can be taken vaginally?
I'm in no rush to get bump out... i'm full term 3 days before my LO's birthday! and would like to make the gap as big as possible lol just would like to make labour alot easier so i can get home to him :) xx

Yeah either way you can do.

I think someone said their midwife said no more than 3?

Ah right okay, i don't see her till 34 weeks, so i'll ask her then, and take it with me, hopefully she won't shout at me for not asking her first lol x

I remember MW telling me not to take it before 37 weeks...

I started taking mine at 37 weeks, in tea form. I made a pot today, 2 tea bags but at least 5 small cups of tea from it. Mind you, it doesnt seem to be doing bugger all!

do you know how much rlt is in a teabag princess? i know it varies between brands xx
Been looking on the net and can't seem to find anything, was thinking of asking mw at my 34 wk app, but she might shout at me cause she doesn't know i've started taking them at 32 week ... x

H
ow is Raspberry leaf taken?

Raspberry leaf can be taken in tablet form, teabags, loose leaf tea, or as a tincture. Raspberry leaf can be purchased from many health food stores or from a health care practitioner. Due to the limited research on raspberry leaf - the ideal preparation and the ideal dosage is not known at this stage.
The following guidelines on consuming raspberry leaf during pregnancy have been taken from Parsons (1999):

• Tablets - Take two 300mg or 400mg tablets with each meal (three times a day) from 32 weeks.
  • Teabags - 1st trimester- one cup per day -2nd trimester - two cups per day -3rd trimester - up to 4 to 5 teabag cups throughout the day.
  • Loose leaf tea - Bring one cup of water to the boil. Remove from heat and add one teaspoon of the herb. Stir, cover and let sit for ten minutes (do not boil the herb), strain and sip. Adding sugar or honey many improve the taste. 2 to 3 cups per day is often recommended especially after 28 weeks of pregnancy.
  • Tincture - A tincture is an alcoholic extract of the herb raspberry leaf. The dosage will depend on the strength of the tincture.

Found this information from http://www.pregnancy.com.au/resources/topics-of-interest/pregnancy/raspberry-leaf.shtml this website. so that would mean that 1200mg is the limit from this study? x

Died down in the day but getting a couple now! If I can't sleep I'm going to stay active tonight incase that gets him going. Not gonna try to sleep I can sleep tomorrow daytime

oooh yey!! get doing the housework / running up and downstairs lol xx
(sorry waddling up and downstairs :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back