early labour?

mum

Reaction score
hi guys im new to this just had a quick question and wondered if anyone with experiencee could help me out, im 36+3 weeks pregnant with my first and been hving strong regulr contractions on and off, had them at 32 weeks was in serious pain , they were coming every 25 mins getting stronger and very painful then i had a bath and fell asleep and they went,, after that i had braxton hicks every 2 days very uncomfortable but not too pinful, then yesterday started getting really strong contactions from the night before till this morning getting stronger and regualer but then seemed to dissapear again this morning, told the midwife and she said its just braxton hicks but i know what mybraxton hicks feel like and these were very different:S bit confused and lost, just worried i may go into preterm labour because im randomly gettin strong contractions. do u think this is the case?:shock:

A few of us here get very strong very regular Braxton hicks.. What number pregnancy is this for you? This is my third and it's alot stronger now but even at 30w on the monitor with my first they said it could b early labour they were so strong but I carried to term :)

really? no this is my first and its a little boy, at all my antenatal classes i was told because its a boy and because im asain and my partner is african ihave a higher chance of early labour but the midwifes are saying there isnt a chance but ther havent really helped much at all, dont know whatto do, they get so unbearble and strong i begin to think its labour and then it stops:S:( im worried when the real labour begins ill hve to wait till the pain is unbearable to know whether i should go in or not!

Last edited:
*also had lot of diorheea in the last three days did u get this near the end? ( sorry about the details:()

Maybe start making a note of how regular and how long each BH lasts to see if there is a pattern. I also get very strong BH but I think as long as it's less than 10 in an hour it's ok. Try and relax, have a bath and see if things settle. If nothing changes give your midwife unit a call and see what they think. Lots of baby's are born at 36 weeks so try not to worry.

It's worth keeping an eye on just in case and defo call ur mw if ur worried at all better safe than sorry..
36weeks is ok for a baby to be born so don't worry too much Hun xxx

I agree with jayceesmumma - baby would be ok if born at this stage of pregnancy.

Its so hard to tell if its normal or not, I get alot of BH & alot of other pains but not normally at the same time. But recently i've been getting alot of deep pelvis pain which I think is baby engaging. Could the same thing be happening with you?

Your probs better off speaking to your MW anyway, just in case.

Keep us up to date!!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back