risky girls names!

BumbleTumble

Reaction score
hi ladies.

i found out i was team pink last week, and have only just started to think of names.
the ones i am thinking of so far could be seen as a little 'risky'.

first one~ Lolita
second one~ Zelda (and not because of Robin William's daughter!!)

i like unusual names, but am worried these are a little too unusual!!

thoughts please?!

EDIT: last name will be Hall. No idea about middle names yet!
xx

Last edited:
I don't think those names are too risky at all, lovely actually, but I like unusual names, but not far out, celeb style names.

Zelda and Lolita are not overused and unusual, of the two Lolita has more of a ring to it, when your surname is added.

Congrats on team pink by the way!!

Last edited:
I'd be reluctant to use Lolita as its the name of quite a controversial (in its day) book.

Agree with mrsR, I think it has sexual undertones because of the character x

I love Zelda, my hubby really wanted to call our LO Zelda because he is a massive fan of the game which is where robin Williams named his daughter from x

i didnt know about the book with Lolita, this could be an issue.
i know about the styles like Gothic Lolita and stuff.

my reason for Zelda would be the same! i love the games! but i dont like to tell people that in case they think im really immature! lol

this is so hard! its really daunting as well, because LO will have this name for life!

Hahaha I was going to say Zelda too because I loved the game and I actually think its pretty...not too out there but different and I love different. Don't play it safe hon if you choose a name you like.

On the subject have yo heard of the named banned in New Zealand? Do a google search, don't remember the name but it was redicoulous!!! xxx

i do love the name Zelda, and i think its nice to be able to have a reason why i chose a name too :)

but what if she hates it when she is older!

im getting myself all worked up now :doh:

but, if we all worried so much, no one would have names!!!

Oh dear, have never heard of a dodgy book called Lolita, perhaps I'm too inocent , ha ha ha

I think if you love Zelda, and you have a reason for it, then screw what other people think and go for it!! It's not a name that people would say 'Oh gosh how cruel' or anything like that, it's a perfectly lovely name!!

Now you just need a middle name!! xx

Not a huge fan of Zelda to be honest and I think using Lolita is a bit contraversial (like other's day the book was very risque in it's time and deals with an 40+ year old man taking his 12 year old step daughter as his lover!)

xxxxxxxxxx

I agree, Lolita does tend to have a very sexual connotation. And it was one of the most cringeworthy books I've ever read.

Lolita has extremely sexual connotations because of the book...I would definitely not name a baby girl that for that reason alone.

i love the zelda games but not too sure about using it for baby, think it would be cute for little baby but thinking no as a grown up.

with all our names were currently picturing her a teenager and adult and calling her by the names to see which sound better as few of ours didnt work so well picturing all grown up

I love the name Zelda! I called my cat it though so can't use it for a baby now. Lolita to me too is the book/film - if you look it up in the Urban Dictionary the definition is "a prepubescent or adolescent girl who is attractive and sexually responsive. She lusts after older men, and is lusted by them in return" - it would put me off using it personally.

Tara1985 - not sure if it's the one you're thinking of, but a child in NZ was called 'Tallulah Does The Hula In Hawaii' and she changed her own name and I think it was banned :lol:

i have decided on a name!! and its neither of those and not really unusual either!!

Jasmine!

its actually the name ive always wanted if i had a little girl, and ive also been having a tough time with names as she will be half english and half bangladeshi, so an overly british name may not suit her.
so, there we go, i havnt told anyone yet though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back