unusual baby names...help!!

pregnantmumof3

Reaction score
my children are called.......my eldest daughter is called Raven-Iris and my second daughter is called Skyla-Grace and my little boy is named after my late grandad Ralph-Timothy. i am pregnant again now and we love names like Rogue,Storm and Eden for boys names and for girls we like Star,Vixen and Shadow. i LOVE unusual names. any more ideas wil be apreciated.xx

my children are called.......my eldest daughter is called Raven-Iris and my second daughter is called Skyla-Grace and my little boy is named after my late grandad Ralph-Timothy. i am pregnant again now and we love names like Rogue,Storm and Eden for boys names and for girls we like Star,Vixen and Shadow. i LOVE unusual names. any more ideas wil be apreciated.xx

Sorry hun, but all those I have highlighted in black I have really negative associations with.... I mean calling your child Rogue is just a bit :shock:

I like Eden (for a girl though) and Star is OK though!

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
I agree with Carnat. Other kids will not see so well those names in a school environment. He/ she will be mocked. But anyway besides that I think some of those names like shadow have a negative energy ifykwim. I wouldn't want my name to be shadow anyway.
I like star but again not sure how an adult with a name start will sound. Are you after the meaning of those names or you like how they sound? If its the meaning that you are after some of those can be translated in other languages and sound better than the English one and original.

Im afraid I agree with the others, those names do sound a bit negative and I would be concerned my child would be judged straight away by someone(eg teachers) if they were called rogue. Star is ok, although I prefer Stella or Estelle which also translate to star.

I'm all for unusual names - however, I agree with the girls in as much that I don't think Vixen or Rogue are suitable names for children or adults.

Storm is ok I have a mate called storm x

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

I really like Storm, but I would be brave enougth to use it myself, if that helps on feedback! You already have a Raven, and that's very unique so I'm guessing your braver than me, I like that your kids will have unusual names at school, it's trying to find a balance I guess. I would avoid more R names as you have 3 kids , 2 with R names, Raven and Ralph, and maybee need to think how would poor Skyla feel if she was the only one without an R name. Maybee an S name would be fair..

thats great guys thanks...dnt mind any of your opinions.i do agree rougue is now a no no.ad i agree that an s name would be more fair on my skyla.i do like the s names...i still love star for a girl and eden for a boy....my partner gets his sir name for the baby so my choice for the first name.lol.

I agree sorry hun, I like star, it sounds so pretty in welsh, Seren, but that is not an unusual name for us :)

Hey. I agree with some of the other girls. Storm Rouge and Vixen sound like a group from Xmen??!! Totally down to personal choice but I do think when choosing a name you should about what other children/adults will say. My brother is called Perry and I love his name I think it's different as I have never met another boy with his name you can also use for a girl spelt Perrie! Hoping my Peanut is a boy to use it for myself :) good luck with choosing

Last edited:
Hey

I like unusual names in fact our boy is going to be called Riven, however Rogue,Storm, Vixen and Shadow are a bit out of our range and I don't think I could name my child that, but ultimately it is up to you guys :)

My friend called her daughter Merrily Rainbow :) and I love that name and she is such a happy little girl toox :)

xxxx

Mumof3..I really want to hubby likes it but still wants to think of other names which is fair I suppose. My brother means the world to be as do my 2 younger sisters and were really close so just a nice tribute I think.

if you like the names star then how about Ostara my friend has this an its very unique her little girl gets shortened from that to star or stara or starry. its pronounced 'o-stara' some people say it 'oh-stara' too. xx

I heard the name Torrin for a boy at school the other day, it really suited him and that's unusual

also more for boys - how about Miller, Knox or Ocean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back