Riley lewis mills 25/08/11 *pics added*

Emerald rose

Reaction score
Hello :wave:Riley is asleep atm so hopefully i manange to get this done before he wakes up.
23rd august i'd just posted in the august thread that i had no signs baby was coming :roll: and was going to bed . i stood up and felt really sick only just made it to the toilet (sorry tmi) then i felt a bit damp down below so i thought i may have wet myself a little bit. sorted myself out and climbed in to bed where i felt a popping sensation above my belly button and then my waters started to trickle. I wasn't getting any pains so i didnt ring hospital as i thought they would say to wait till contractions are 3-4 mins apart.

After 2 hours Baby decided to turn back to back and then everything stopped:wall2:. I had midwife at 9.45 the next day so i decided to wait and see what she said to do. Got to midwife and she confirmed my waters had gone from the pads id soacked and my urine had loads of blood and protein in it so she rand labour ward who told me off for not ringing them last nite and wanted me to go up straight away but my midwife said that i wasnt contracting so she felt i should wait they agreed that the latest i should go up was between 8-9pm that nite.

So i went in town with my mum for a bit i had a craving for a decaf caramel latte :lol: only stayed in town for an hour coz of the rain then we went home and pottered i only had a few mild contractions and a slight trickle of waters whilst i was out and by 5pm i was bored and really fed up so went up the hospital got told i was 3-4 cms which was a shock since i wasnt contraction! Got sent up to a ward to wait for labour ward to calm down as they were very busy. There was a lovely lady on my ward who was being induced and was in so much pain i felt awfull whne they checked her and she wasnt dialating. There i was dialted and not getting a single contraction and i got moved to labour ward before her due to the risk of infection from the prolonged ruptuer of waters.

Got to labour ward at 2.45am had no signal so had to get midwife to call my mum to get my birthing partner to come up the hospital. Got put on the hormone drip and had to be constantly monitored. After an hour the contactions had got very strong and they kept losing the heartbeat on the monitor so midwife put a clip on babys head which ruptured the rest of my waters and flooded the whole room. My tummy was half the size it was before midwife said she had never seen so much amniotic fluid before so i had to stand on a pad whilst the bed was changed and the floor mopped :lol:

At 6.30 midwife examined me and i was 7cms and i cried at this point as the contractions where so strong and i wanted my baby. At 7 the midwife shift changed so i had 2 lovely midwives one was a student. I really felt like i had to push but they didnt want to check me as it was too soon after the last one was really hard not to push so i asked for a diamorfine injection which made me so itchy! I decided that was it i was going to push anyway as it hurt too much not to so at 8am i just said thats it i have to push now so she then agreed to examine me and said ok push after 10 mins at 8.16am I had my baby in my arms and double checked he was a boy and i burst in to happy tears when they said yes hes definatly a boy:cloud9:

Im am so happy with my little man all 8lb1oz of him.

Wow that was a long story well done if you made it to the end :lol:

Attachments

• Riley  2days old.jpg
    Riley 2days old.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Riley 4 hours old.jpg
    Riley 4 hours old.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Riley Lewis 4 days old.jpg
    Riley Lewis 4 days old.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
That's a fantastic birth story, congratulations and well done! :) xx

Congratulations....love the name :) xx

---
- Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

Well done hun! I love how you went to town with your mum :) Congratulations! X x x

What a lovely story, congratulations hun and what a super weight he was :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back