right better re-pack my hospital bag

winnie89

Reaction score
So I don't know if any of you ladies saw my midwife thread yesterday but the is a very real chance that I'm going to get induced in a week and a half, so I'm thinking do I need to take some more stuff with me to the hospital

So far in my hospital bag I have got

2 nighties
A pair of jogging bottoms and a t-shirt
4 pants
4 socks
2 sports bras
2nursing bras
My dressing gown and slippers and toiletries

What do you think?

More pants :) I've packed loads x

More pants deffo, change for the chocolate machines (got to keep your strength up lol), I bought a new toothbrush and paste so I don't have to grab mine on the way out the door. I've put in a little pot of sudocreme for myself in case I feel a bit sore afterwards or the knickers irritate my skin (I hate elastic burn lol)

Id take a pair of PJ bottoms too. I spent a long time in and it's hard to feel clean sometimes in the early stages. I had a long induction so I was up having showers and getting changed and it did me the world of good.

Thanks, they haven't said I'm definatley being induced I'll find out tomorrow if I'm going to be or not, I think I will be though my blood pressure didn't come down much at all yesterday so they're worried, but if I get induced there's probably minimal chance I'll go over due!

I think what I was going to pack may be a little over the top, I was also going to pack a couple of bottles and 3 cartons of milk incase breastfeeding isn't a success, baby wipes, pads, babys clothes, make up, hair bobble/clip, boiled sweets, laptop, glasses, lens case & solution, deodrant,mp3 player, bibs, going home outfit xxx

I've taken towels for the shower, anti bac wipes (there's sometimes a lot of bloodin the bathroom areas of a post natal ward), hair brush, 10 pairs of massive Bridget knickers, maternity pads and breast pads, nipple cream, a lightweight bathrobe (the wards are boiling), slippers, flip flops (for the shower), shower gel, shampoo, conditioner. I know I'll be staying in for some time afterwards though, so decided to just get as prepared as I possibly could!!! Ha ha!

Oooo I'm seconding the towels, sis in law said take some dark coloured ones because you can be very bloody even after a good wash! Also the wet wipes for you, a quick freshen up is nice from my couple of days in last week I loved that the OH packed them for me X

And some magazines or a good book, sometimes there can be a bit of a wait between starting the induction and things starting to happen :) x

Definitely stuff to entertain you, it is a long process!!
xxx

well i have packed more comfy clothing, some more pants, more socks, and 3 books to entertain me thinking of putting my psp and ds in aswell to keep me and hubby entertained. also put some more shower gel, shampoo and tooth paste in (i only bought travel size originally) in case i am in for a while! xx

Whatever you don't use in hospital you'll use at home so nothing will get wasted

that is very true, it's a long way from where i live to my local hospital so if i can help it i really dont want to be without anything and if i forget then it's a long way for hubby to go back and get it.

I packed and think I have gone a bit mad so may take some things out. Hubby said if I leave what I take out at home somewhere if I was to be kept in for longer he would come home and bring it in for me. Luckily we are only a 20 min drive from the hospital though so not always practical for others.

It is hard to know what to take in though isn't it! I would def rather take too much than not enough if i wasn't close to the hospital.

xx

The journey time is something that bothers me, we have to get the other side of the M25 to get to the hospital and if it kicks off it could take ages. OH works 3 miles away from our house and one night the M25 was shut and it took him over 2 hours to get home.......I think I'd ring an ambulance lol

Yeah I'm about 45 mins away, but father in law tore all the tendons In his arm the other day so he's been advised to not drive, still gotta work out how I'm going to get there! :S

Don't forget ladies, you can always have an extra bag in the boot of the car with extra stuff in, incase needed and Hubby can go to car park for it, but not have to go home.

Don't forget bag of car park change for OH and mobile top ups

I think I'm going to need a supersuitcase looking at all this!! Although I have got the Bridget Jones pants already!! lol. Getting excited about packing my bag now. Want to do it this weekend but haven't got the time so when I finish on Fri it's my first priority.

Are people taking one bag for baby and one bag for themselves or just throwing it all in together? Oh, and check with your midwife about bottles and formula - our hospital have all this and we have been told not to take it - health and safety issues over sterilising apparently!!

The hospital where I'm at have got sterilisers in the room so just them when there! But the hospital don't provide formula or bottles anymore you have to take your own!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back