Hospital Bag Advice...?

nikkie88

Reaction score
:wall2:

I had a call into the hospital for my iron levels the other day, and semi-packed myself a hospital bag, with
-pjs
-slippers
-dressing gown
-soap bag (toothpaste, brush, shampoo, makeup etc)
-change of undies

---But i can't conjure up enough energy to think of the other things i need to pack,

So i'm basically being the laziest cow in the world and asking people to list what they've put in theirs so i can jus walk around like a Slob picking up things i see on people's lists..

A hand with the Baby bag would be a BONUS too as i've read a few and they say 2bibs, 2 baby grows, 2 sleepsuits etc. but 2 of everything doesn't seem enough if they keep us in 2 days for first baby. ALSO.... Rough indea on number of nappies, (or should i just take a pack of 27 as the friggin size of a 27 pack of newborn is SO tiny anyway it wouldn't take up too much space!)

Thanks
"lazy Bum" Nikkie!. xx

I have packed:

For baby:
Newborn:
4 vests
4 sleepsuits
2 pairs of socks
1 pair of scratch mitts
1 pair of booties
1 hat
2 cardigans
0-3:
2 vests
2 sleepsuits (can send DH home for more if Pip is a big bubba)
A blanket
2 muslins
2 bibs
Going home outfit
Coat
Comforter
Pack of 27 nappies
Nappy sacks
Small pack of wipes
Cotton wool
2 bottles
4 cartons of ready made formula (hoping to bf but but want to be prepared!)
Nail clippers/scissors
Dummies (just in case)
Sudocrem
Brush/comb
Car seat

For me:
3 nighties
2 packs of maternity pads
1 pack of breast pads
Nipple cream
2 packs of disposable knickers
8 pairs of bridget jones knickers
2 nursing bras
Thick socks
Bath towel and hair towel
Lip balm
Hand sanitiser
Soap
Shampoo
Conditioner
Leave in conditioner
Deodorant
Brush
Comb
Hair bobbles
Face wash
Going home outfit for me
Straws
Drinks/snacks
Hand held fan
Water spray bottle
Phone charger
Notes
dressing gown
Slippers
Toothbrush/toothpaste

If I think of anythin else I will add it on!

Last edited:
LOL i thought i was all set till i read ur list carly, bibs, socks, muslin squares, blanket, jacket , going home outfit, poor baby i forgot half her stuff woops

Lol! I got more packed! May have to go have a peek iny bag and write eveythin else up!

please do it'l defo help d rest of us out ;-)

Did u wash d muslin cloths ? forgot to wash the bibs so might do them and the squares tmrw just to be safe

Yeah I washed everything. Just wanted it all on the airer to look at :D

Oh my gosh larly, I thought I had a lot packed... But I've only got half the stuff that's on your list, and I'm still struggling to zip the bag up!! You must be a great packer!! Lol :)

Lol! I have Pip's clothes, blanket and comforter in his changing bag. All the other bits (minus the car seat obviously!) is in a small suitcase! I have room to expand it if I think of anythin else!

I am going to need some music so im starting to prepare my ipod with all my favourite music as well as a relaxing playlist.... Great list by the way xx

Everyones so prepared. is it advised to wash everything before baby uses them (muslin blankets etc) ? I feel so un-prepared!!!

Compared to your list Carly i now feel unprepared. I thought I had packed a lot. x

My list is pretty much the same as Carly's - ive ended up with 3 seperate hospital bags. lol.

one for labour - its got my water birth stuff in - bikini top etc, old t-shirt, change of t-shirt for OH incase he gets wet/puked or peed on etc. I put in some magazines, incase im there for a while, but not able to concentrate on a book.

Then DH's offshore bag with all the clothes etc in, and nappies etc in bub's changing bag.

Only things I can add to Carly's list are - Camera - with batteries. Make up - to help feel a bit more normal. lol. I also have more knickers and pads than that - cos everyone recently says they went through LOADS.

I also always take flip flops if im going into hospital - a lot of superbugs about these days, and I like them for wearing in the shower.

xxx

I took in;

Magazines
Sweets
Orange cordial
Make up
Shower gel
Shampoo
Flannel
Dry shampoo
Hairbrush
Bobbles
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Phone charger
Headphones
Pyjamas
Dressing gown
Slippers
Socks
Big knickers - a good few pairs!
Bras
Maternity pads
Nipple cream - kamilosan I think it's called
Towels

For baby
Cotton wool balls
10 nappies
Nappy bags
Bottle just in case
2 cartons of sma gold ready made
4 sleep suits
Going home outfit

I also got these really fantastic pants from tescos. They're like joggers but more of an at home slouch pant. They were brilliant for me after c section as you can pull the waist band right up and it gave my wound and jelly belly loads of support.

Ok. Gonna add the camera (gonna borrow one off my nan as DH and I only have our phones!) and squash. If i need more knickers I can sen DH home for them. Hoping to only be in 6 hours if all goes to plan.

my sister gave birth for first time 7 months ago and she was only in the hospital for about 10 hours after the birth tops, so im wondering whether packing huge amounts of clothes for baby is really necessary.
if it looks like we are gonna stay in overnight, im sure OH can go home and get some stuff for us, i hate thought of the bag being this huge lol.

does someone want to come pack mine for me. i get brain freeze and locked knees thinking about packing.. i rly need a boot up the butt.. u've all been really good writing your lists down though. i know where to come if i ever get in the mood!

I only finished doing my hospital bag the morning I went in to be induced lol!

that sounds like me hunnie. Still have nothing for me in there. Lets face it unless you're very lucky you'll be hanging round a bit at home beforehand anyway, and I personally will be delivering in the hospital gowns.

OMG!!!! Your lists are huge. I am soooooo not ready!! Think i best get my arse in gear, iv not even washed any of the clothes yet :( xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back