rhesus injections

Sandi4Paul

Reaction score
can anyone tell me who gives these to you, midwife, GP or hospital??
I worked wiht someone who had to go to hsospital for hers but GP said something last week that made me think midwife for mine, confused.

Sandi

I had both of mine at the hospital in the day care unit by a midwife. For some reason due to something about storing blood products (which is what the anti-d is classed as) they couldn't do it at my local surgery/clinic. :think:

With my first I had to go into hospital to have it done - but it was done by the midwives there, but with this one, my MW did it at my health centre.
Very random!

Hi,

I had 2 of the anti -d injections during my pregnancy and both of my jabs were given to me by my midwife at the usual clinic that I went to for my mw appts.

Crystal xx

Hiya, :wave:
i was in the hospital the other week with a rhesus neg lady she told me her MW was due to give her the anti-d at clinic at 28/9 weeks however she had a bleed so needed it sooner in the hospital, i think maybe it depends on your primary care trust as to where its done due to each ones policies. they differ so much. mine is portsmouth PCT.
Ask your MW she'll be able to tell you what your PCT's policy is.

Sorry to go on and on :lol: i'm a right chatterbox,

sarah.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back