Heres hoping i have better luck at midwife appt today

lisa-marie

Reaction score
Because i am rhesus negative i have to have injections and was due one at 34 weeks (just before xmas 20 Dec). I couldnt get an appt til xmas eve & it was a waste of time as there was no van to take bloods to hospital which meant they couldnt take bloods & therefore couldnt have my injection either. Really annoyed as I told the receptionist when booking what was needed and have been previously messed around by midwifes who refuse to take my blood & have to book two appts one with nurse to get bloods & one with midwife for injection afterwards.

So I am praying they get it right today as I will be 36 weeks on Friday! Just wish I could see the same midwife as the same one is never available.

So fingers crossed for 11am :pray:

Hope the appointment went well.........there seems to be some dreadful stories about how some of the ladies on here are treated at their MW appointments.

Well i did get the injections needed - although it was the midwife who couldnt take my blood on previous ocassions so had to get a nurse to do bloods then she did the D injection.

So in the end I had my 34 & 36 weeks appt combined - listened to baby & all ok still positioned high no sign of moving down yet.

I did find out that local hospital has a midwife led unit which opened a couple of months ago & I didnt know. As my pregnancy has been healthy I can go there but no epdiurals so if one is needed or any complications they can take me down a few floors to the delivery suites. Sounds much nicer so will go with that option if I can.

So thats it for appointments till Thu 15th Jan when I see the Doctor.

Glad it went well....... :D

Have you not had a hospital tour, my hospital also has a MW led birthing unit and was adament I was going to give birth there, and could be moved if I couldnt go any longer without an epidural or had complications (with my bubs being breech its unlikely I will get there now :( ).

Its definitely worth paying the unit a visit if you can...........

EllieBelle said:
Glad it went well....... :D

Have you not had a hospital tour, my hospital also has a MW led birthing unit and was adament I was going to give birth there, and could be moved if I couldnt go any longer without an epidural or had complications (with my bubs being breech its unlikely I will get there now :( ).

Its definitely worth paying the unit a visit if you can...........

I would love to visit but they dont do them anymore :( we had to watch a DVD Tour of the delivery suites instead which in all honesty was depressing I think they should have got some feedback before they actually decided it was ok. Nothing menioned about the midwife led unit as DVD was made back in April.

Negative/depressing lines like:-
"we have 13 rooms but only 2 have windows"
"we have a birthing pool but only the one and this is usually busy"
"Please make sure you bring change for the car park as you can onnly park outside the womens centre for 20 mins in an emergency before you get clamped"
"Please bring change or credit card so you can phone relatives from your bed after the birth"

So leaves you feeling depressed! It's amazing how the different parts of the country vary.

Any chance bubs can still turn for you?

Oh hun thats a real shame, I was so upbeat after visiting our MW led birthing unit!!

I think all hospitals should have to allow visits, afterall we all want to know we are getting the best care possible.

I see you are in Oxon are you using the JR in Oxford, or Reading - I lived in Oxford and then lived in a few places in Oxfordshire too!! :D

I would feel more comfortable having a visit especially for a first so it helps to get an understanding.

We have opted for the JR as OH works at the Churchill Hospital which is around the corner & have added benefit of his car parking pass so if its a long labour he wont be putting lots of money in the machines :rotfl:

EllieBelle said:
Oh hun thats a real shame, I was so upbeat after visiting our MW led birthing unit!!

I was the same. I'd originally booked in to the labour ward but the MWs have been amazing & after seeing the birthing unit I'm desperate to get changed over, but I need to get a team leader review to see if the CMU unit will take me as I've had some bleeding. They don't think it will be a prob tho & I may even be able to get a water birth.

hopefully your next mw appt will be better lisa-marie. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back