Reusable Wipes Solution (MrsH!)

Mervs Mum

Reaction score
After talking to MrsH today, I've decided I'd like to use reusable wipes as well as my cloth nappies.

I have a thin fleece blanket I bought to use as a throw for my home birth that never got used - I wondered of this would be good wipe material?

In particular I wanted a solution recipe :) MrsH's sounded good and I think Jo mentioned one too.....anyone else got any suggestions?

What do I do about storage? recommendations for containers appreciated too!

Last edited:
Im going to use Cheeky Wipes. In the kit you get a plastic box with a clip on (sealable) lid for fresh wipes and one for mucky wipes. In both boxes you put 2cm water and a few drops of the essential oil blend provided and then place your wipes inside - thats the basic principal. You can have a look at their website which will explain 100 times better than I just have!

Thanks hun - we talked about the cheeky wipes yesterday but MrsH was saying you can easily make your own kit for a fraction of the price! There was talk of camomile tea as an ingredient too! :)

I will probably use my own oils after a while, I have tried to save on so many other things I treated myself to the kit :) I have to say Im really looking forward to using them, I might even start using my own on Rosie perhaps - I'll keep an eye on this thread for ideas, camomile tea sounds great!

Just get some of them click lid Tupperware tubs but get two different sizes so you know which is your dirty and your clean on! You will also need 2 waterproof wash bags in different colours if you are planning to use them out! Again just a clean and a dirty one but food bags would work!

For our clean solution I use a camomile tea bag, just sainsbury's own. Which I brew and let go cold, then I add a couple of drops of lavendar oil (I got 100mls off eBay for about 5 pound). Then in my dirty tub I just put water and tea tea oil you don't have to put anything in the dirty one I just think it smells a little if you don't

fleece blanket will work fine

am thinking we should maybe start a thread for all things cloth???

yes but all in one place was what I was thinking... easier for those of us just starting out, my subscribed threead is full of threads to refer back too once I get that far :lol:

MM I was thinking about cheeky wipes as my friends love them!!! Never thought about making my own! Sounds like a plan!!

Just get some of them click lid Tupperware tubs but get two different sizes so you know which is your dirty and your clean on! You will also need 2 waterproof wash bags in different colours if you are planning to use them out! Again just a clean and a dirty one but food bags would work!

For our clean solution I use a camomile tea bag, just sainsbury's own. Which I brew and let go cold, then I add a couple of drops of lavendar oil (I got 100mls off eBay for about 5 pound). Then in my dirty tub I just put water and tea tea oil you don't have to put anything in the dirty one I just think it smells a little if you don't

i second everything!!!! ive tried the cheeky wipes but this way works just fine and is much cheaper... except if you buy reaaallly nice wash bags :blush:

ok, so what material works best then?

Terrie - I made the mistake of looking at the weenotions wipes :doh:

I WILL make my own!!!

Last edited:
fleecy or terry material.. i got my wipes off a few different sites like babykind/ebay and weenotions

Only think is if you are making your own with terry you need to edge it cos it WILL fray however with fleece you can just cut and use them as they are cos that won't fray

gosh I LOVE their nappies!!!! I love my ittis but the WN's are a bit special too. :)

ok, so I am really going to have to learn how to use my sewing machine, so what is the best way to seal the edges? hem type style?

i second everything!!!! ive tried the cheeky wipes but this way works just fine and is much cheaper... except if you buy reaaallly nice wash bags :blush:

The wee notion wet bags would work too :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back