Reusable Wipes Solution (MrsH!)

Oooh not thought of this, great idea, is it the environmetal issue,the harshness of wipes on babys bum or the octs of packets of wipes that makes you guys choose these. I guess you could cut up squares from old bath towels too?

For me the number one reason has to be the environmental issue; I recycle and reuse EVERYTHING that I can - I hate the thought of non-biodegradable items going into landfill and using disposable wipes had just become the norm I suppose; it had always played on my mind but the convenience always seemed to win. However, now after one day of using these cloth wipes I can't believe how few i have used. I would go through like MM at least 6-10 wipes for a poo-ey nappy and also using them at mealtimes.

The other big thing is the chemical element; baby wipes get everything off! We have used them on the sofa, the wall, the carpet - just about everywhere to remove spills and stains! Using a natural product now seems to put my mind at ease about Rosie's skin and whats going on it.

Im using terry fabric that I machine hemmed and trimmed, a clip type box, water mixed with lavender and a drop of tea tree oils. Used wipes I just drop into a weak solution of Napisan and water and then when Im out at the moment Im using a re-sealable plastic bag, until I can get a nice wet bag - but then I think I'll still use the plastic bag inside it.

I have bought a Cheeky Wipes kit that has everything in it but Im saving that for the new bubby - Rosie is benefiting from my homemade ones at the moment.

I definitely won't be going back to Johnsons wipes, we were buying 8 packets a fortnight at a cost of £8.00.

I wont lie it's not an environmental thing for me. Being married to a geography teacher I know it's not as simple as being better for the environment but there are obvious benefits. It's about the chemicals, cost and convenience for me :)

Well thanks :shakehead: I want a pair of crinkly scissors now :rofl:

:rofl: Crinkly scissors are the must have accessory for any self respecting yummy mummy...eh Terrie ;)

I REALLY want a pair :lol:

your head would be blown away if I told you of the time I worked in a factory and used the overlocker :love: :lol:

I threw a pair of pinking shears at my older sister when we were little - they broke..I havent picked up a pair since!

They are actually one thing that my sewing kit lacks - looks like a trip to Hobbycraft is in order :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back