Results from MMC second scan - Thoughts? Experiences?

Fela

Reaction score
Hi again everyone,

Just to recap: I had a private scan last Friday. The consultant felt it was most likely a missed miscarriage. I was 8+6 by dates, there was a yolk sac and amniotic sac and all those things, there was also a fetal pole but it was far too small (2mm) and had no heartbeat.

I was referred back to the NHS and went for a second scan today. We found that in the week that has passed, the fetal pole had doubled in size from 2mm to 4.1mm. Obviously this is still way too small for the gestational age if my dates are accurate (I have a very regular cycle).

The Nurse was not prepared for us to take any action on miscarriage management given the results, she phoned the main consultant who said that I need to wait another week until *next* friday to have a third scan, at that point we can figure out what to do.

In the meantime I've been given some advice how how to manage a natural miscarriage should I start to bleed.

My main question really is, for all the other ladies who may have been through similar, did you experience growth in the embryo between the two scans?

They aren't allowed to diagnose it until you've had two scans a period of time apart I believe. As these scans have been in different settings that might have caused an issue with it.

I'm sorry you're going through this. It's an awful situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back