Im scared, Manual Vacuum Aspiration

*sara*

Reaction score
Hi, after a few horrible weeks of waiting for scans...the first one finding nothing but a yolk sac and to be told i had a non viable pregnancy and to have to wait another 2 weeks for another scan to be told i now have a fetal pole but no heart beat! So have had my first miscarriage at 8wks after 4 years of trying :cry: . I was then given the choices of what to do next and i have chosen manual vacuum aspiration..which i go into hospital tomorrow for. I dont want to open up raw wounds of other people but im worried and wondered if any one else had opted for this option? Sara xx

Hi Sara

I don't have any advice to offer but just want to give you some of these :hug: :hug:

I've got a scan on wednesday that I expect will be showing I've either lost the baby or also have a non viable pregnancy so I'll be very interested in the answers you get.

Good luck I really hope you don't suffer too much, take care of yourself :hug: :hug:

I had a blighted ovum in sept and opted for a d and c im going to assume this is a similar thing to what you will be having?

Will you be asleep during the op? If there is a choice then i would choose to be asleep.

They basically remove contents of conception by a vacuum method. You will have some cramping like a period afterwards but the bleed will not be as clotty and it will be easier to dea with mentally (at leats i thought so).

Make sure you have someone to go home to and a hot water bottle,

im so sorry this has happened to you :hug: :hug:

Thank you for your reply's, I chose this procedure as i will be awake, the thought of being put to sleep terrifies me. Ill let you know how i get on. xx

Soory for your loss hun, hope everything goes ok at the hospital for you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oooh hun, I am so sorry to hear that. Hope tomorrow goes ok and it's over and done soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am so sorry for your loss, I pray that you have the strength to get you through it :hug:

sorry for your loss :hug: and i hope everything goes as well as can be today :hug:
i think you are being very brave being awake through this procedure, i have had 4 similar procedures but i have had a general for them i didnt know there was a choice.

Hi thank you all for your kind replys. Well arrived at hospital yesterday 8am and didnt get out till 10pm last night! Felt like the longest day of my life. Had a scan first thing and they gave me scan pic to keep, they also found something on my ovary...as if i wasnt going through enough! was supposed to have op at 3 but 2 emegencys came in so didnt get done untill 7! Only took 10 mins but felt far longer, i was given gas and air but even with that the pain was so bad i passed out! Havent had much bleeding a couple of tea spoons full at most! Not into much discomfort today just feeling very fragile. Sara xx

:hug: take care of yourself :hug:
could it have been a cyst on your ovary, as i know this is common in pregnancy?

Awww I totaly sympathise with you, I hope your feeling better soon :hug:

Glad you're home safe and sound hon, what did they say about the ovary hon?

Hope you feel better soon

xx

:hug:

Sounds like you had an awful time, so sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself :hug: :hug:

Thank you all for being so kind, They were not sure what was on my ovary, i have had ovarian cysts in the past but they say its not a cyst. They want to rescan me...but didnt give me appiontment so i hope they remember about me and send me one through post! Me and fiance will try again after the wedding only 2 months to go, so plenty to keep my mind occupied. x

Oh wow! how lovely having a wedding to look forward too! do you have everything all organised Sara?

Lianatoot said:
Oh wow! how lovely having a wedding to look forward too! do you have everything all organised Sara?
Hi yes its nice to have something to keep me busy, just about everything is organised, need to have my dress taken up as its far too long!! (im only 5ft 2"!) Fiance (Justin) to have kilt fittings, going to do the flowers myself. hotel booked, and bridesmaids dresses shoes etc bought. Its is something i am looking forward to, also got my hen night to look forward to. :D xx

Well I think when things go wrong and life is crappy...You always gotta have something good to look forward to! or aomething to focus on! I am glad you have your wedding! It sounds like you have things under control hun! :dance:

I have my holiday in Portugal in 30 days (whos countin lol!) to look forward to, thank gawd I have that! I cant wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back