Renatidine - when to give

kumber

Reaction score
We've been prescribed renatidine (sp?) for reflux. We are ebf so have to syringe it into him, he has 0.5ml kad 3 times a day.

My question is, when can I give it to him? Before, during or after meeals? With gaviscon we were giving mid-meal but there doesn't seem to be instructions with when to give it to him renatidine and I stupidly forgot to ask the GP.

I have no experience, but didn't want to read and run. I'd call your GP surgery and get them to ask the Dr. for you. xx

We've been on renitidine. They have to take it straight so lily had to have it from syringe also. It was 3 times daily for us so I did it first thing when we got up then around lunchtime then just before bed. They don't have to take it with food or before or after as such. The consultant told me to just spread it out evenly. I gave it before a feed though personally it really worked for my daughter. Hope it helps your little boy too xxx

Thanks both, much appreciated. He has still been a bit sicky but I'm hoping that changes soon.

Hi just wanted to say I do the same as caseysmummy11. If I can I give it to her then do a nappy change and then feed her. I found this worked so much better than gaviscon but then my lg suffered badly with constipation on that. She's now over nine months and hardly ever sicky now, weaning worked wonders, the hv advised me to start early but when she was on full meals at six months this made a huge difference. The next change was when she started crawling. It won't last for long honestly.

Hi, we started it very early on and it has worked great-like having a new baby within a couple of days as he wasn't in pain anymore. I gave it in the morning when he was getting ready (this would've been after a feed), afternoon (could've been before or after depending on when I remembered) and nighttime just before bed (after last feed). He was still sick but it didn't bother him anymore and didn't smell acidic/sour so was more likely just fresh milk back up straight away. He's 9mths now and very rarely sick. Goodluck!

You can always check with pharmacy too, they should know too although you tend to have to specificate that it's for baby, can imagine that's similar with drs receptionist.. Can phone them too..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back