ranitidine/zantac

hugsy

Reaction score
Had hospital app today and doc thinks it was just the silent reflux that caused her breathing problems and wasn't to worried about the low oxygen saturation level when she was kept in

all good but he has prescribed this instead of the gaviscon
iv seen it mentioned on here before . Anyone have and good results ?
Its just given in syringe not in bottle but do you give it before or after feed or in between 2 feeds ?

Bit nervous giving it as leaflet says sup only for 3 years up

Hi hun unfortunately AJ was allergic to it. Just look out for very mucusy green/neon yellow poo, rash on the face and uncontrollable crying. My nephew had it and it worked for him though. Good luck hun hope things work out better for you than they have for us babe. x

It works for K. She takes .6ml twice a day. We were told to try to give it 30 minutes before she eats. We try to give it around 8am and 7pm.

Harry has this 3 times a day. Give it about 20 mins before the feed. Has worked wonders for us x

If I give it to Harlow directly before her feed it makes her sick so I give it 1 hour before her feed. X

G has 0.5mls 3 times a day, and I wasn't told anything about in relation to feeds, so she gets it whenever ( sometimes its just before a feed, sometimes after) - generally morning, mid afternoon and evening. Xxx

Thanks girls hope it works . She had the first dose and has been grumpy but has been bit off the last few day groaning a lot so hotel its just coincidence

Alyssa hasnt been happy lately so im trying the gaviscon again. her poor throat might be hurting her, she did start being sick again

Aww no poor thing hope she's ok . Dunno what's goin no last 3 nights she just moaned from her 3am bottle till i got her up at 7 but she wasn't crying so dont think its pain maybe just constipated or awake n bored lol

yeah, im not sure if its teething, reflux or just a reaction to her jabs last thurs but Alyssa has been right whingey and screaming at her bottles

Oh i never thought about that . Can they be out of sorts that long after them ?
She just so fidgety n all n draining her bottles

is lyssa off her bottles or just playing with it

she will take 2 or 3 oz then scream around it

Have you tried moving to the next teeth ? I moved to the 3 hole last week cos she was gettin like that n think she just had to suck too hard n was gettin tired few oz in . She been much better on the 3

i got variflow ones last week. she screams at it like it hurts tho and sometimes she chokes on the milk so i dont think its too slow

Last edited:
Aww poor thing hope she gets back to normal soon . Was having look in baby a
ok and it said they can go off feeds after injections for few days hopefully that's all that's up with her

yeah hopefully, had a bottle cooling down for her and shes so tired after refusing to nap all evening since like 7pm shes been awake and only slept for like 10 mins. shes literally passed out before i could feed her so im gonna wake her in a few cos there was no chance of waking her when she fell asleep. shes had about half an hours kip now so maybe she will take some milk and go back asleep or maybe she will scream more lol

Well coincidence or not i dont know but kayla didnt wake till 5am and at that wasn't fully awake just grunting but didnt like to leave her so took her up she didnt fully wake while i changed her and took the bottle but was gettin sleepy so didnt give the whole thing so i could still feed her at 8 ish

seems better but did have bit of reflux at 730 but only mild so had her first dose then bottle half hour later n she asleep again now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back