Reflux!!.... My poorly little man :(.

eldraW

Reaction score
Well it turnd out my little fella has reflux and could also possibly have the start of colic (fx he hasnt got the colic bit) i just knew he wasnt right at all. Hes been prescribed gaviscon and i have to keep a close eye on him. Hes not taking to well to th gaviscon as he keeps gagging on it and spitting it out. Ive rang doctor and he says to maybe give him half th sachet instead of a full one as it may be too strong for him. So thats my next step.

I hate seeing him in pain and crying all the time its awful :( xxx

Poor baby, my LO had relux gaviscon did help but it made her constipated hope he improves soon xx

Thanks ladies. Hope it doesnt make him constipated as hes already struggling to go at times xx

Poor baby :( Reflux is brutal isnt it . If he does get constipated tummy time , pedaling his legs , baby massage and exercise will really help . Hope he feels better soon xxx

:-( poor little man hope the gaviscon works for you xxx

My lohas reflux,gaviscon made him constipated. You can get domperidoneand ranitidine if gaviscon doesnt work.

Have you tried excluding dairy?

Hope he feels better soon. X

Fin has been given gaviscon for reflux but I'm only going to give him a little and not all the time. His poos have lessened and gone from normal bf yellow poppy seeds to a green more solid playdough consistency. Will def try leg spinning and massage xxx

Thanks for all of th replies.
Well i have tried everythin n he just wont take the gaviscon. Dunno wht else to do :( xx

Thanks for all of th replies.
Well i have tried everythin n he just wont take the gaviscon. Dunno wht else to do :( xx
Hun ask for domeridoneif he doesnt take gaviscon. Or just ride it out with the reflux. I know its hard,hold on there :hugs:

Hey thanks for tht hun.
He took his first gaviscon with a couple of hours ago with some expressed milk. It was only bout quarter of a sachet but i suppose anything is a start lol.
Xx

Hi hon

How is Leo doing now? Has his reflux settled any yet?

Hugs x

Hey hun Cam had reflux and colic and it was horrendous. I was going to suggest giving gaviscon with expressed milk but I see you've done that already. Try to keep him as upright as possible whilst feeding him and also for about 20 mins after to help him digest it a bit. Keep an eye on his nappies cos gaviscon made cam pretty constipated :( I hope he improves soon, no doubt you are pretty sleep deprived xx

Lexi has colic and acid reflux, the doctor gave her gaviscon and it isnt working so im going to take her back this week and see if she can be given something else.
Hope LO is feeling better and has taken abit more gaviscon x x

Ethan got diagnosed with this last week- gaviscon is a nightmare to get down him but we are just about managing with a syringe and doing it bit by bit and stopping every so often to cuddle/burp him (I am bf therefore he is having it mixed with the 15ml of water as directed). Not sure if you've tried a syringe but it might be worth a go? U can get them from chemist for about a quid! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back