Reduction of hours at work

duckanddoodle

Reaction score
Hello
Does anyone know if I can reduce my hours at work without losing full time pay or does the midwife/doctor have to write a certificate. (i dont want my maternity pay to be affected)

I have been off work for last three weeks with high blood pressure, I will be 34 weeks when I go back on Monday and only have 3 weeks before I go on maternity leave, there is no way physically I can go back to full time working as I am exhausted and going from complete relaxation back into hellish job will make me ill again.

If anyone can give advice would appreciate it. I am going to midwife tomorrow but would like to know what I can ask for...

Thank you!!

I have had to reduce my hours down from full time but there is no way my company would pay me full time pay for doing part time hours :( My maternity pay is going to be almost non existent :(

xxx

I would approach your GP and discuss what would be appropriate for you. The system has now changed whereby the 'sick line' has been replaced by the 'fit note'. On the form it says whether you are fit to work, fit to work with changes to the environment/hours etc, or not fit to work at all. That way, if your employer cannot reduce your hours they are obliged to let you off on full sick pay. The only problem with being signed off earlier is that your employer can make you start mat leave 4 weeks before your due date, which is only a problem if you intended to work right up til your due date.

I got exhausted as well at 32 weeks. I fainted at work and got sent home. The next day I had a meeting with my boss and agreed that I would use annual leave to reduce my hours. So I had a few days a week off until me mat leave starts. You still get your full annual leave allowance while on mat leave so you may aswell use it. Your work dont HAVE to approve the dates of annual leave you want but if its a choice between that, or just being signed off from work completely, Im sure they'll support you.

im doin the same with annual leave, from next week i will work 4 days instead of 5 days a week and i take 2 weeks Annual leave before i go on mat leave x

I think u can reduce ur hours but they won't pay u full time although I think ul still get 90% of ur full time wage for the 1st 6 weeks of ur mat pay cos it's based on the qualifying week which I think is week 26 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back