Maternity Advice Needed!!!

Kat@girlracer

Reaction score
I have 4 more weeks of work left - but with baby being back-to-back & breech I am soooooooooooooo uncomfortable!!!! I can't possibly stay at work for that long..

My predicament is:- do I go to my GP & get signed off & risk my company inisisting I take maternity leave early..

Or shall I just take my maternity 2 weeks early & come back to work 2 weeks earlier & miss out on some wages..

Or shall I plod on the best I can & stay here until March 23rd so I can get a full months wage & start my maternity leave when she's born (she's due march 31st)

Help!!!

i was in agony with my back about 4 weeks before my mat leave was due to start, i went to docs and he sighned me off for 2 weeks, my work tried to get me to take my mat leave early but i refused as my doc said it was non pregnancy related.

when i went back to work i was fine and the last 2 weeks went really quick.

at the end of the day if you are in that much agony and dont think you can manage then dont,as you will need all your engery for the birth, if i were you i would go on your mat leave.

good luck with what you decided.

becky xx

Do you have any holiday entitlement? you could take that up until your due date if you have enough days? thats what i am doing.

Hi, just being nosey in 3rd tri...

You've prob already thought of this, but do you have any holiday entitlement you could use?

I've used all my holiday entitlement :( next lot of 28 days isn't to be taken till after April 1st :(

I'm in so much discomfort its untrue! she's sat up under my ribs - sitting in an office chair is awful!!!

The GP appointment is booked so i'll just see what she has to say - but there's no doubt its pregnancy related!!

Kat@girlracer said:
I'm in so much discomfort its untrue! she's sat up under my ribs - sitting in an office chair is awful!!!!!

I think i know how you feel, mine is under my ribs to, although yours is obviously a tad bigger than mine, still blooming incomfortable and achey though. The office chair does seem to make it worse to.

You should be able to take about a week out of next years holidays?.

I'll chat to my GP see what she has to say - then i'll sit down with HR & work it all out again *sigh* whatever happens I can't stay at work for longer then a couple of weeks...

im not sure hun but i think if you are on the sick at all from 36 weeks they can force you on to maternity leave maybe have a chat with HR and see what they are willing to do xxxx

Take your mat leave......don't try to suffer the discomfort, its not worth it, I hope you are feeling more comfy soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

I agree, take the Mat leave, I'm doing the same and taking 2 weeks of holiday at the end of my Mat leave when I get my new allowance in Oct.

I am the same so uncomfotable, noto mention Sooooooooo demotivated!!!!

Hope it works out ok, let us know how you get on....xxxx

Well bugger me she's turnt! Her heads down very low & she seems happy enough! Got a nasty urine infection which might also explain my discomfort so i've got some antibiotics for that..

Finish work next friday :dance: can't wait!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back