Work are cutting my hours :(

charlie26

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

well as the title says, ive had a letter from work inviting me to a meeting as their reducing hours across the company. Im on holiday at the moment but my 6 weeks at 90% pay will start from next tue.

Can they cut my hours or should i seek legal advice?

I will be happy to return to work on less hours when i finish my mat leave but at the moment im not very happy about it.

Obviously if it affects my smp i will be a little peed off.

Thanks xx

They have to pay you based on the (I think 6) weeks before your 25th week of pregnancy so whether they reduce your hours or not you should get the same maternity pay based on your full time hours.

All it means is when u go back ur on reduced hrs but if that's not a problem no harm done :)

* tapatalking from my bb *

Your maternity pay is based on what you earn BEFORE hand. They cannot cut that because you have already worked for it. Give ACAS a call and they will tell you where you stand legally. I'm sure the company get an allowance on tax for maternity leave so they are not really paying you for all of it anyway. You probably won't need it because companies these days are very careful not to tread on pregnant toes but give ACAS a ring anyway just in case xxxxxxxxx

thanks ladies, whats ACAS?
Like i say going back on shorter hours will be a bonus, esspecially with 2 kiddies to look after xx

ACAS are an organisation that acts as mediators and also to give proper free legal employment advice to everyone, you don't have to be in a union or anything xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back