Advice needed - not a happy bunny!

soverign

Reaction score
I handed my matb1 form into work 3 weeks ago so they could send it to payroll and they said they would post it back to me with the next five days. Well I don't know why they took it in the first place because I will not be getting my maternity pay from them as I only work 12 hours a week.

Anyways that was three weeks ago and I haven't had anything back at all and I have been foning them every day trying to get it sorted. Well it seems it has gotten lost. What am I supposed to do? Does this mean I cant even get my maternity allowance at all now? I dont think the midwife will give me another form will she?

I am so upset about the whole thing. Time is ticking and I need to get the form back so I can apply for my allowance or I could risk not getting no pay at all :( I dont know what to do!!

I really don't know what to say, but I'm sure you can get another one from the Midwife..I think someone on here did. I never got mine back when I handed it in to work..didn't relise we were supposed to. Sorry not much help :( :hug:

I'd ask your MW for another one. I'm sure she can write you a new one.

Thanx hun. I said to work that it was strange they were asking for it in the first place seen as they wern't paying my maternity packet. She said oh well we need to send it off to payroll just to varify things and then they will send it straight back to your house by post. Its just that I can't send off my maternity allowance form that I got from the jobcentre without my matb1 form because that is the proof that you are pregnant!! Argh!! Im so stressed!

I'm pretty sure your MW can write another one, your work needs proof you are pregnant even if they aren't paying your Maternity allowance, but definately chase them up about the form even if you do get another one.

Awww thanx hun!! I'm just a bit of a worrier!! I like to be organized and was starting to panic that things were being left until the last minuet! :roll:

poppy160 said:
I really don't know what to say, but I'm sure you can get another one from the Midwife..I think someone on here did. I never got mine back when I handed it in to work..didn't relise we were supposed to. Sorry not much help :( :hug:

Oh i didnt relise this either i gave work mine on Thursday
i thought they kept it???????????
why do we need it back ?????????

i lost my form so many times but i finally got one sent off when i was about 32 33 weeks.. ur midwife shud give u anuva form :D u can apply for ur mat grant from 27 weeks up untill 3 months after ur babys born so dont worry hun u still have plenty of time just get a new form wen u next see ur midwife and get it sent of :hug: :hug: :hug:

U have to give the form to payroll or HR so that they can fill out a form to give back to u (with the MAT1B form) to say why they aren't pay u SMP.

I handed my form and cover letter into HR AGES ago and I am still waiting for it and the other form back so I can start sorting out SMA (I miss out on SMP by 2 weeks :roll: )

Chase them up about it again - thats what I am going to have to do this week as I need to get stuff sorted out

yeah i had to get another form too, so dont worry hun just explain to MW your work has lost it

I might get another one on Tuesday as I have a feeling my work have lost mine too :(

Oh you guys are amazing!! I feel alot better now after reading all your lovely replies!! Thankyou!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back