Recurrent Miscarriage

hayels

Reaction score
has any one had the test for recurrent miscarriages. if so what did they involve? did you get any answers? how long did you wait to be seen? they have told me the waiting list is quit long so my take a while to even be seen and last question has any one gone on to have baby after a few losses? sorry to go on xxxxxxx

No answers for you hun. But didn't want to read and run. I hope you get some answers soon :hug:

Ah Hayles just catching up on threads so sorry ....... cant answer this question but I do know my friend has had 4 consequtive MC and has just had a little girl 8 months ago so it does happen xxxx

thanks wilma thats good to hear xxxxxxxxx

I hope you get some answers Hayles.... My friend Paula had he DS with IVF then had 4MC then got pg with DD and all was well....it will happen for you xxxx

Hi Hayels, I really feel for you this week, but I am really glad to see you posting and looking forward to the next steps X:hug:

My Freind, one of the mums at the school, had 3 healthy kids, then 5 years later tried for one more. She had a Missed MC at about 11 weeks with D&C , then a MC at 8 weeks , then again at 6 weeks. she gave up trying for a few months, as she wanted a break, her periods were all strange after the last one, so then found out she was 15 weeks pregnant !!! They then blood tested her every week and scanned her constantly on this one to keep a good eye, her care was fantastic due to the three mc's before.

Keep going Hun, I know you will reach your goal X

Last edited:
thanks jj. i am am so gutted its unreal but i am a fighter and giving up is just not an option at the moment. i am going to give it a few months cos i do think my body could prob do with a rest and hope fully in that time i will have had some test but if not then i will just keep trying xxxxxxxxx

Hi Hayels
My friend who had dd with no problems had been trying for 2nd and had several mc, but is now 6 months pg - and she even got pregnant without having period. You're clearly a v strong person and I have every faith x I'm so so sorry for your loss xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Hayley,

I have just found a website called miscarraigeassociation.org and there are all the tests availble and what they involve. Hope this helps xx

thanks girls star thats fab thanks xxxxx

Hiya hun...
I know that I won't get tested for anythig until I have 3 m/cs (hopefully it won't come to that though, and I'll get 3rd time lucky!).

BUT my sister-in-law has had 13 m/cs, and she has 4 kids aged 16, 8, 7, and the littlest one is only 4 months old - so even after 13 m/cs, she still got a little bundle of joy :baby:

My other sister-in-law has had 9 m/cs, but she has blocked tubes after her first 3 kids (aged 18, 15 and 12), and recently m/c'ed after having IVF. She's going to give it one more shot though, before she gives up trying.

Hope that helps :/
*hugs*

thank u heulyn thats good to hear lots of love xxxxxxxx

Hi, Its only natural for you to feel like this hun, you have been through a very emotional time, lots of love xxx

You're not going on, anyone in your position would want answers. Hope they give you some, I'm still trying for my first so no decent advice to offer but best of luck, xx

Hi there.. I had the tests after my 3rd m/c and they were just blood tests. They test for auto immune conditions that may cause blood clots. Nothing came of mine. I also had genetic screening which again was clear. they also send off the remains to be tested, but unfortunately I have yet to get any conclusive reason why this keeps happening. I have just had m/c number 5 last month. I understand how frustrating it is. Even though they do the tests they cannot offer any solution. I tried progesterone and aspirin to no avail. Next time they say I can skip progesterone as I hated that and go on aspirin and heprin (maybe spelled incorrectly) injections every day. I know its hard not to have answers. I always believe that everything happens for a reason. The object is to have a healthy happy baby and I believe that if my babies were ok then I would not have m/c. I believe that what is meant for you will not pass you by. Try to stay positive. I have an image of me with a baby boy in my head and I believe that will happen. I wish you every success. x x x

thank u ellen am sorry u have been through so much. its so hard is in it. i hope u get ur baby soon lots of love xxxxxxxx

im so sorry to hear of your MC hun, but its good that your thinking forward and not back.

how far gone were you when u MC'd hun if you dont mind me asking??

i know a few people have gone on to have healthy pregnancies/babies after a few MC's , stay positive, this will happen for you.

My mother in law (to be one day) had 5MC's and when she fell preggo for the 6th time, she told my dad in law(to be) that this was the last time and she wasnt putting her body through this again if the worst was to happen....
im now living with that number6 baby lol, he came out at a whopping 8lb7oz...this is also why hes an only child, she knew shoe couldnt go through the heartache again.. took her 9years to get a child, but she done it and so can you xx

thanks ema-lou that good to hear. i was just over 5 weeks with the first 2 i mc and just of 10 weeks with the last one xxxxx

How are you doing today Hayels ? :hug:

Ellen, I really feel for you, I have so far only had the one MC at 11 weeks, and can't possibly understand how you or Hayels must feel after 5 and 3 Mc
You both have fantastic positive attitudes and this will go such a long way to ensure you both realize your baby dreams XX Sending you both soo much baby dust and hugs X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back