Really upset - now my cat's missing - **updated**

Tadpole

Reaction score
Well, I put up missing posters and someone just called. He found him in the road - he had been hit by a car. I think the guy who called was probably the one who hit him and he sounded quite apologetic. i didn't ask for details as I just want to believe it was quick. OH will go and find him later and bury him properly in the field out the back for me.

Bruno NEVER disappears. He occasionally is a bit late back but he slipped out Saturday night and hasn't been back since.

We didn't give it much thought at the time but about 2am Sunday morning we heard someone speed through the village and brake suddenly.

It was only the next day when i realised he had gone out that I started to get worried.

Now I am CONVINCED something has happened. I have called all the local vets, registered him on the missing pets website and done a poster.

I know a lot of people will say he is just a cat and I know much worse things happen to people but I am devastated and can't stop crying, He was my cuddly fluffy teddy bear and I just want him to come home.

the council have to deal with all run over cats, if you register bruno is missing with them then if the worst has happened they will let you know.

Sandi

:hug: :hug: :hug: He is gorgeous!

I wouldn't worry yet its kitty kinky time at the moment hes probs out getting him some ladies! I always put a bowl of yummy posh cat food by the front door and they usually appear. :hug: Hope he shows his cutesy face soon x

Hope he comes back soon.

My male cat used to disappear for days when he was younger, they go off galavanting when it's warmer weather. We spent many evenings checking ditches and me ending up in tears when he'd been gone a couple of days but he always came back when he was hungry enough. He might have got stuck in someone's shed as people might have been doing their gardens on Sunday. Might be worth asking some neighbours to check.

Aaww :hug: :hug: He is lovely. He looks just like our cat Sammy.
I would be in a state too hun - I get tearful if he's not home by the time I'm going to bed. Then I get up every hour to call on him..

Anyway has he had the snip? If not he might just be out and about..
I know you must be really worried and I so hope he comes home soon

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :hug:

Awww hun, my heart goes out to you. One of my cats went missing for quite a few days and it never happened before , she come's back for supper about the same time everyday. I think she just wanted an adventure,i think it was 4 days in total missing. Hope she comes home soon :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Best of luck, let us know when he comes home :D

We had our kitty hit last year, it was the worse weekend of my life. They're never just a cat.

Aww poor kitty cat, we lost our cat about 2 years ago, she had a growth problem so we think ( or like to think ) that as she always looked like a kitten ( althought she was 5 she never grew much bigger than 6 month old kitten ) someone just took her in but its absolutely devasting isnt it !!

Even worse when people say, worse things could happen !! So you go on and have a good old cry, you can feel silly when he wanders in the door with a big fat bird in his mouth lol :hug: :hug:

oh hun, I am so sorry. I lost my little kitty Molly a few years ago, and my OH found her by the side of the road. It really hurts :( Sending you lots of hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm so sorry. I've been checking to see if there was any news. Not much consolation at the moment but at least you know now.

:hug: aww we lost our family cat last year- my mum had had him for 19 years :shock:

they are members of the family- not just cats. :hug:

Aww hun im so sorry it ended up this way !!

I know its no consilation but at least you got the phonecall, and have a bit of peice of mind now, can bury him properly etc, so sorry !! :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
aw i'm so sorry, at least you know what happened now and can have a burial etc..it is so bad when something happens to a pet!

Thanks guys. I am glad I know as I can stop expecting to see him at the door and also stop torturing myself with images of him stuck and injured somewhere - which is much worse.

I have kept cats for years and it is, unfortunately, one of the hazards.

Also - while I am very very upset at the moment - he was still a cat. He wasn't my OH, or my baby, or a friend or a relative so I am keeping some perspective on things. I will cry for a while then I can put a photo up. And he is on the Great Mouse Hunt in the sky.

RIP my fluffy friend...xx

so sorry hun :hug:
Your pets become part of the family and its very upsetting when they go :cry: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back