advice needed about my cat!

Terrie

Reaction score
We've had Aber our cat for nearly 4 years, he is 6 years old. Hes the most friendly cat ive ever met, loves being around humans and other cats. He is mainly an outdoor cat (his choice) and everybody in the neighbourhood knows him.

2 1/2 years ago we bought a puppy, the puppy was hyperactive and made Aber nervous... about a month after we got the puppy Aber left home :( he was missing for 3 months until we got a call from our neighbour to say she had spotted him and brought him into her house (she knew he was missing to us) we had passed the puppy on by the time we found Aber due to me being pregnant so he settled back home no problems.

Nearly 2 years ago we got a kitten to be Abers friend... Aber loves other cats and we thought it would be a good idea.. turns out the kitten (who is called Oscar) is a complete nutjob and despite getting him nutered just wanted to attack Aber and fight him about everything :(

As Oscar has gotten older he has calmed down a lot. We went on holiday last month for a week and my MIL told me Aber had disappeared and she couldnt find him anywhere.. when we got home i called all the neighbours and no luck.

Well today Aber came into the garden :yay: soo i grabbed him inside, put his collar on him (he didnt have one on because he was supposed to be inside the house whilst we were on holiday so i took it off him so he could be comfortable) and ive brought him inside the house.

but now im second guessing if i should just let him go.. hes obviously been staying somewhere for the past month and hes been happy enough not to come home. my guess is he hates sharing our house with Oscar and maybe this other home hes been at doesnt have any other cats. :( i just dont know what to do!

so should i just let him back outside? or keep him in until he calls this place home again? i really do love him to peaces and ive been so upset the past month whilst hes been away!

sorry for the essay!

Oh no, what a dilemma - I would keep him in, cats are notorious for AWOL under protest - I can understand you thinking about letting him go but I don't think I would be able to! Has he been neutered out of curiosity? :hug:

oh yes he is neutered and microchipped. (his new collar says 'i am microchipped' on it which is FAB!!)

Oscar is currently out at the minute so i think ill wait and see how the pair react when they see eachother again.

im really torn! i want Aber to be happy but i want him here too!!! :terrie:

Last edited:
Maybe its only a temporary thing, he may have protested at you going on holiday. I had a cat who disappeared after I had been on holiday so I bought myself a lovely Persian kitten, I had the kitten for one day and the bugger turned up again, had a fitty on the kitty and I had to return it to the breeder!

Good luck, I hope he calms down. Get him some CatNip :lol:

Hey hon, I'd keep the cat in for a couple fo weeks and give her loads of attention - I've got 2 cats and reckon that would be what i'd do in that situation xxx

Aber has meowed to go out the back door but i didnt give in and now he is snuggled up with me and Ffion on the couch:

SAM_0910.jpg

SAM_0904.jpg

I would keep him in, as he went away whilst you were on holiday he might have thought that you'd left him to live with Oscar on his own, and while he was happy to share you, he wasn't willing to do it all on his own! Cats do have a tendency to 'go off in a strop' but I'm sure he will come round, just keep him in for a few weeks, make a real fuss of him and show him that you want him to stay. At the end of the day, he will make up his own mind but if he were my cat then I would definitely fight for him first! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back