Think my cat's been hit by a car :0(

Misslarue said:
mrs_tommo22 said:
.................and a small vet bill!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

No chance of that, I stupidly never got insurance for her :doh: :doh:

EEEK i was the same hun..

My bill was about £900. But that was for EVERYTHING including aftercare, and xrays to check afterwards...

and I thought babies were expensive!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

glad shes on the mend hun, at least she will be home soon!! :cheer: :cheer:

glad your kitty is doing well, I hope you can bring him/her home today :hug: :hug:

lozzi said:
Misslarue said:
mrs_tommo22 said:

My bill was about £900. But that was for EVERYTHING including aftercare, and xrays to check afterwards...

Fook!!! :shock: :shock:
I hope it's no where near that! Being Christmas, my OH's 30th, Dan's birthday party and I've just spent £255 on glasses................my savings have been hit hard this month already :doh:
I've been saying for ages, I must get the cats insured, just in case something happens. I've always insured my dog as I know all too well how much it costs.
Did you have to pay the £900 in full or did they let you pay in instalments??

Misslarue said:
lozzi said:
Misslarue said:
mrs_tommo22 said:

Fook!!! :shock: :shock:
I hope it's no where near that! Being Christmas, my OH's 30th, Dan's birthday party and I've just spent £255 on glasses................my savings have been hit hard this month already :doh:
I've been saying for ages, I must get the cats insured, just in case something happens. I've always insured my dog as I know all too well how much it costs.
Did you have to pay the £900 in full or did they let you pay in instalments??

THe reason it was sooo much for us was coz she had an op to realign her pelvis and two anasthetics for the xrays......

I paid installments for a couple of months, then i had some unexpected money so paid it off in full.

Just have a word with ur vet and ask them how much they anticipate the cost being, if its more than you can afford, just ask if you would be able to pay in installments. They wont say no :)

I really hope they do...........I'm really worried about the cost (obviously I am more worried about my cat :hug: ) but with Christmas things are pretty tight.
I have spent so much at my vets in the past. My dog has had 4 ops, 2 cat spades, injections, frontline, 2 litter of kittens wormed and 1 kitten that we spent £800 trying to find out why he was ill, who unfortunately died :(
They bloody better let me pay in installments! :talkhand: :lol:

yeah they will defo let you pay installments, my rat got hurt not long ago and I took her to the vets and they asked for £90 just for some painkillers and a check up! cause it was out of hours, I said I didnt have it on me at the time and they said I could pay installments :)

hope she is ok :) xx

aww sorry for hear that. The vet will fix her up though, she'll be fine after a few weeks.. extra special cat nip for her this year huh! :D

Glad kitty wasn't too badly hurt, I hope the vet bill isn't too much :hug: :hug:

I wouldn't worry about not having pet insurance.. I think its a waste and will never buy it. Better just paying for it 'if' it ever happens. :think:

Hope your cat is better soon.
You might be able to get insurance for her but they will probably rule out alot of things that you can claim on.

Makes me laugh though .. people always turn up at the vets without money and want to pay in installments or sorry haven't got it on me at the moment! you never go in to Tescos and not pay.. not having a go its just an observation i've made after working in veterinary practice for over 10 yrs. :D

Makes me laugh though .. people always turn up at the vets without money and want to pay in installments or sorry haven't got it on me at the moment! you never go in to Tescos and not pay.. not having a go its just an observation i've made after working in veterinary practice for over 10 yrs.
I know what your saying but its the urgency of it all, you just need to get them there as soon as possible and you tend to worry about the money later because saving them is more important..or there will be no pet to save and no vet bills in the long run for vets :lol:

Hypnorm said:
Hope your cat is better soon.
You might be able to get insurance for her but they will probably rule out alot of things that you can claim on.

Makes me laugh though .. people always turn up at the vets without money and want to pay in installments or sorry haven't got it on me at the moment! you never go in to Tescos and not pay.. not having a go its just an observation i've made after working in veterinary practice for over 10 yrs. :D

I agree with you hun.............I've always had insurance for my pets. This is the only one I haven't. I just never got around to it, she's only 20 months old. I will be now though!! :lol:
I've never paid by installments before, hence asking if it was ok :)
PP, it is definately worth getting insurance. My dog has had thousands of pounds of veterinary treatment from cancer to leg operations, if I never had insurance :shock: The only thing I hate is the excess is £60 so you end up paying for all the little things.

Anyhoo, very very good news :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: She is home although still in pain but she is eating and drinking. She has a chip on her pelvis but everything else is fine. Got to take her back on Friday for a check up, but she is doing very well :D

..............Also only cost £158 so needn't have worried so much! No installments for me!! :wink: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back