Think my cat's been hit by a car :0(

Misslarue

Reaction score
She was missing all morning and afternoon which is not like her. I heard her come in the cat flap at 3.30pm so I went out to see her. She was licking her back legs crying and wouldn't come up the step into the kitchen. She was panting and wouldn't eat, so I took her to the vets. They are keeping her in for x-rays etc but shes clearly hurt her back legs (and maybe a ruptured bladder) and has some broken claws which are apparently consistent with being hit by a car. My poor cat :(

Oh no hun thats awful :hug: She's in the best place being at the vets and they can work wonders now with injurys. My mums cat got run over and they managed to fix him all up. Good that she came home though, thats a good sign because if cats are really badly injured they can go somewhere quiet and hide.

Awwww I really really hope your cat is ok :pray:

:hug:

aww hun sorry to hear this :hug:

If its any consolation my cat came home doing same thing once, in fact he couldn't move or use his back legs. turned out he was badly bruised and his back legs and that was all.

:pray: its nothing serious :hug: :hug:

I hope your cat is ok and makes a good recovery. The vets are wonderful nowadays. Id hate it if anything happened to my cat, its just awful. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Awww I really hope he's ok!! I love cats so much! I cant bear to think of them in pain. :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
aww hun im so sorry hope your cat will be ok soon xxxxxxxxx

kitty once fell out of the upstairs window and couldnt walk for 2 days, he back legs must have been badly bruised but i didnt take her to the vets cos she improved and was being normal, just couldnt walk. hopefully, your cat will just have bruising too, im crossing my fingers. :hug:

Aw poor kitty, i really hope it's ok

hope he/she is on the mend and
back home really soon xx

awww hunny there like our babies huh...

If its any hope for you, my cat Rosie was run over a few years back, she had a shattetered pelvis, she had to stay in a cage in the lounge... it was heartbreaking but she is now healthy an happy albeit with a slight limp...

Even if there is broken bones, they can recover hun and be back to the little horrors we love so much ;)

If you need any help advice ;)

Make sure you let us know how ur cat goes on :hug:

Oh no!! I really hope your cat recovers soon with no problems and a small vet bill!!

Hey Girls, thanks so much for all your replies.......you lot are great! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Well they kept her in last night as she was very distressed and in pain. She hasn't broke her legs but has a chipped hip bone and her bladder is fine :cheer: They are doing some more x-rays this morning to have another look now that the swelling has gone down.
So should know/or take her home later today :D

Misslarue said:
Hey Girls, thanks so much for all your replies.......you lot are great! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Well they kept her in last night as she was very distressed and in pain. She hasn't broke her legs but has a chipped hip bone and her bladder is fine :cheer: They are doing some more x-rays this morning to have another look now that the swelling has gone down.
So should know/or take her home later today :D

Thats fab news hun, bet your so relieved! Poor thing, hope shes home getting lots of cuddles n fuss soon :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back