• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reader Club anyone??

xrachx

Reaction score
I cant see a book reader club so how about it?
i read loads of books (and have loads) mainly chick lit as i like the funny ones that make me chuckle, it will be good fun for everyone to read the same book then we can all give opinions, i think people will have to join the library cos it will be a bit silly if everyone buys a book every week and a bit expensive! so what do you think?

Ooh this sounds interesting. Who would get to decide the book though?

i think we would just agree between us, not sure really how it works..lol trust me not to check one out before i suggested it!

we could run a poll with a selection, then read them in the order of preference.

Good idea.... :cheer:

(phew...thank god for tadpole)

Good idea, we all read "Babyville" a while ago.

I have a real life book club though and I don't have that much time for reading so I won't be joining in at the moment.

have fun though!

I don't read fiction and am quite fussy about what I read. I might join a film club though, I love watching films. We have loads to chose from on filmflex with virgin media :think: if you ever want to start one of them. Maybe see how your book club goes first eh :D

I love to read but the books i mainly read are real life and tend to be quite disturbing to some, especially mothers.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe we could first see who was interested, once decided and our names all written down we could each take it in turns to decide on a book (one a month maybe?) this could then open up a whole new reading experience for people. I don't normally go for 'chick lit' but if it was highly recommended I would give it a go.

Hope you don't mind me suggesting this :D

I'd been interested, I've always got a book or 2 on the go! Great idea xrachx :D

I agree kazlin, I tend to read the same type of books, but if it was highly recommended..................it would be good to spread my wings!!

Id most definitely be interested... however, I once lost a book from my library and never returned it despite lots of angry letters. So i will have to buy my book.

Bad girl that I am.

xx

It might work out cheaper to pay the fine from the libary, thats what im going to do instead.

Okay - I'm in. All I'm reading at the moment are crime novels.

havnt been in this section in while

would Love to join your book club :D
i love reading :D
and when i go off on maternity i'll have even more time to read
i love Dean Koontz
crime /thrillers and romance and a good old weepy.

brilliant idea :dance:
all the girls at work read novels like katie price /kerry katona /peter kay ect
which is fine but not my cup of tea

love to have a natter with others about books

sarah :wave:
:cheer: :cheer:
sarah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics