read this for great advice on when to test

Hollyhotlips

Reaction score
I've seen lots of posts asking about when to test so I thought it might help some ladies on here. It has certainly educated me and I will never test earlier than 14 DPO.....

The fact is that Implantation has to occur and then enough hCG must have been sent into your blood stream and urine before an early pregnancy test can show positive.

# Implantation happens between 6-12 days after OV (DPO)
# It takes another 3-4 days AFTER implantation (so between 9-16 DPO) for a blood pregnancy test to work.
# It then takes another 2-3 days after that for a urine pregnancy test to work (between 11-19 DPO or between 5-7 days post implantation).

# As a rough guide, the HPT, as a rule, wont be positive until a missed AF or roughly a week after implantation. Remember, Only about 25% of PREGNANT women will test positive with pregnancy test 2 days BEFORE a missed AF.

all very confusing but on the whole, using the averages above, we should wait at least 11 DPO to test but it could take as long as 19 days for a HPT to show a correct result. Save yourself the heart ache and wait until you can be sure of the results to test :lol:

Interesting post I dread to think how much cash I've wasted on HPTs since we started TTC x

Thats interesting about implantation i thought it happened 7 dpo thanks for sharing xx

Thats interesting about implantation i thought it happened 7 dpo thanks for sharing xx

Hi, I guess 7DPO is a good average but it could be slightly earlier or later. good luck with everything that is going on with the pains etc.

No problem at all, it is really useful. So many of the early response tests are a con, you still need to have missed AF x

Thanks for sharing.

I'm holding out hope that my bfn yesterday at 11dpo is still a little too early.
xx

Thanks for sharing.

I'm holding out hope that my bfn yesterday at 11dpo is still a little too early.
xx

That is very likely sweetie, when are you due AF? I'd wait a good few days past your due date for AF before testing if you want an accurate reading xxx

I have had bfp;s at 10, 13, 8, 9, and 11 dpo so now I know I can get a positive at 8 dpo I want to start testing then, lol.......

I have had bfp;s at 10, 13, 8, 9, and 11 dpo so now I know I can get a positive at 8 dpo I want to start testing then, lol.......

I dont blame you :), but I would rather wait until I could be more certain.

Also a lot of these FRER con women into thinking they will get a result a lot earlier that they actually will. There is no harm in waiting, the result wont alter if you actually are pregnant and it saves so much anxiety and heart ache x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back