Random but helpful advice?

Daydreaming

Reaction score
Hi y'all

So we all know that when you get pregnant suddenly everyone else in the world thinks they are an expert and wants to tell it from their side! I was wondering if anyone had received any random advice that actually you think might be useful.

For example: My mum told me she really regretted that she didn't wear a bra to bed during and after pregnancy - her boobs might have been a bit perkier and a bit of a nicer shape if she did. As your boobs grow huge and then (if breast feeding) go through a bit of a tough time, support is a handy thing!

Any other "tit"bits?

My mum told me to never eat onions unless I've chopped and prepared them myself. And even if I only use half an onion, not to store the other half - throw it away.
This is because onions suck in all the bacteria around them, and even if u cook half an onion that's been in ur fridge, its covered in bacteria still.

The test for this is, if u have a cold, go to bed with an onion in a glass beside ur bed. When u wake up, ull feel a bit better, and the onion will have turned black, because its sucked all the germs from the air into it. Eeeewwwwwwww xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

The test for this is, if u have a cold, go to bed with an onion in a glass beside ur bed. When u wake up, ull feel a bit better, and the onion will have turned black, because its sucked all the germs from the air into it. Eeeewwwwwwww xx

Wowser - now that is random!

Lol x

Now scared to eat onions in restaurants!! xx

Yeah since my mum told me that I only eat onions that I've prepared myself. Too afraid to eat them anywhere else x

Wow on the super onion ! Soooo gotta try that next time! Next time oh is hungover maybe Hehe x

Well I am now glad that I have gone off onions!!

Unfortunately I have no useful advice to shell out....:shock:

x

no worries Karate Kid - it probably goes to show that most of the random advice we get off people isn't that helpful! only one or 2 gems out there.

Buy a crib and not a moses basket was one that worked out true for us. Someone said that they grow quickly. They do! Although not in every case admitedly. Brody seems to be long.

I did get a moses basket because I thought I'd have him in it during the day as well, and a crib you can't move around. Anyhoo, I ended up keeping it upstairs and he sleeps on his chair in the day (it lies flat). He is 7 weeks tmrw and nearly outgrown the moses basket, so I bought a second hand crib off of gumtree for £30.

xx

Loving the onion facts!
I have been told to get as much sleep as possible before baby comes, and also a friend said to keep a little bag downstairs with things to change baby's bum saves having to keep running upstairs, i can just reach for it and use it.
Can't really think of anything else xx

:) I agree with the Moses basket thing, we are going to borrow one from a friend! Seems silly to waste money for a few weeks.

Andrea I would sleep more if my belly would let me!

Id say don't buy loads of cute expensive clothes that look great on the hanger but you won't use everyday you won't use them and start buying 3 to 6 month early if ur lo is tall you will be using them in no time and realise you don't hardly have any.
(my lo is almost 12 month now and in 18 to 24 months already)

Don't spend a fortune on a baby bath I used mine twice and found using big bath with a support easier.

When your in early labor try let ur oh sleep even if you can't me and oh were up two nights straight and he really didn't need to be up the first night.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

My mum told me to never eat onions unless I've chopped and prepared them myself. And even if I only use half an onion, not to store the other half - throw it away.
This is because onions suck in all the bacteria around them, and even if u cook half an onion that's been in ur fridge, its covered in bacteria still.

oh my god! I always store half onions in the fridge. Wont be now!

I am also choked with the cold just now, so will try that out tonight. Eurgh!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back