questions questions questions

k8_005

Reaction score
ladies...
-how many cellular blankets do i need to have ?
-how many newborn outfits do i need i have a few but have lots of 0-3 months and a few 3-6 months and thinking should i get more?
- where can i find a good birth plan template?
When ironing baby clothes can u use comfort ironing water in the iron and if not if I empty it and refill with normal water will that be ok?

many thanks! x

Last edited:
Ive got 6 cellular blankets incase hes sick on any ive got spares.

Ive got tones of 0-3 but not many newborn cos im not sure how long they would last.
Ive ha alot given but its best to get a handfull and go along as u need cos babie grow sooo fast!!! Xx

This is my second child and I don't even know what a cellular blanket is?!!!!

Xxx

Its the thin blnkets with holes in!

Goooogle im sure u musta had one!? Xxx

This is my second child and I don't even know what a cellular blanket is?!!!!

Xxx

Lol the little blankets with holes in them so they can't suffocate if they pull it over themselves x

I've got about 2/3 cellular blankets which are from my first and I barely used them with him, he was a winter baby though so I used a thicker one until he was I a sleeping bag, I may use them more this time but won't buy anymore unless I need too.
As for clothes I've got quite a lot of newborn this time (reusing a lot from my first) but for my first I had about 5 vests and 3 sleep suits and the rest was bigger. I didn't want to buy too much as I wasn't sure if I would need a lot. My LO was 7lb 8.5oz born and fitted into tiny baby so we got quite a lot of newborn after he was born. Upto 1 month swamped him! I would say as long as you have a couple you'll be fine for the first few days and can always get more (or ask family to get it for you).
The NHS website is quite good for a birthing plan template I think, although I didn't actually use mine.
I'm not sure about the ironing water, if your worried then I'm sure just emptying it and filling it with normal water will be fine x

We had quite a lot of newborn stuff, and even it drowned her for a fair while. I wouldn't buy too much in bigger sizes, as folk buying gifts tend to buy stuff to 'grow into' invade newborn etc is too small.

We used a lot of cellular blankets with DD, particularly as I was paranoid about overheating.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Ohhh haha like the knitted ones, owwwww got ya!! I never knew they had a specific name.

Yeah I had a few given to me last time, but I don't think I've got one for this baba? We used normal ones last time, and then a sleeping bag from about 10 weeks cuz he couldn't have blankets (long story but he wore boots and bar as part of talipes treatment- google if u like) :) x

I've got 3 blankets, about 10 newborn baby grows and body suits. I'm thinking I can just get more if need be but that'll do for the start! I've got quite a few bits in 'up to a month' cos I have a feeling this ones gonna be a chunk!! :) xxxx

And I've got 3 newborn "outfits", then babygrows in newborn, up to one month, and 0-3 months. But some was given to me by a friend so it's all been washed before etc so even tho it says 0-3 on the tag, they're about the same size as my new newborn ones x

As long as you've got about 8 babygrows in newborn and about the same in 0-3 then u should be fine x cuz ul have little outfits too like trousers/tops etc so don't go mad x

thanks ladies! :) just having mini panic as to what i have or dont have and as to what i need and dont need? ! x

I personally wouldn't buy outfits in the little sizes - stick with baby grows, much easier to get on (especially when you are just getting used to a wriggly little bundle) & comfier for baby.

Plenty of time for proper outfits when they are a wee bit bigger.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Yeah agree there, sometimes outfits are an actual nightmare and they always end up being worn on those pooey days haha! Baby grows are so much easier!
Altho I'm having a girl this time and she has way too many dresses already! Hahax! Can't help myself! I know half of them won't even get the tags taken off.... Silly me! But I love pretty dresses :)
X

One thing you can do is sow buttons and ribbons into plain baby grows to make them a bit prettier :) x unless you're having a boy and then maybe he won't be as pleased about that!! X

ladies...
-how many newborn outfits do i need i have a few but have lots of 0-3 months and a few 3-6 months and thinking should i get more?
When ironing baby clothes can u use comfort ironing water in the iron and if not if I empty it and refill with normal water will that be ok?

many thanks! x

I have 2 cellular blankets. You do so much washing anyway if one gets puked on you'll soon be washing it anyway.

It's impossible to say how many outfits you need. I ended up needing more with my first as she was 6lb9 so was in newborn a while.

I've got about 8 sleepsuits of newborn and 8 of 0-3 in white/neutral. I'll buy more if I need them in boy themes if I have a boy. Otherwise I have plenty of pink from last time.

Birth plan, imo, waste of time. Just be sure your birth partner knows what you want. We got asked everything as we went along last time.

Ironing? Any iron will do! After the baby is born, you'll be nuts to waste time ironing. Far better things to do with life I think.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

I have 4 cellular blankets, 7 moses basket sheets, 2 fleecy blankets, 2 shawls and a pram blanket. All donated apart from the pram blanket that co-ordinates with the pram. I have 4 newborn sleepsuits plus 2 donated ones. About 6 vests. Then a few 0-3 and 3-6 months of each all neutral. Didn't wanna go mad as team yellow and will get colours once we know. I have plain white for when first born as nothing nicer than a newborn in crisp white outfit.

ladies...

many thanks! x

I have 2 cellular blankets. You do so much washing anyway if one gets puked on you'll soon be washing it anyway.

It's impossible to say how many outfits you need. I ended up needing more with my first as she was 6lb9 so was in newborn a while.

I've got about 8 sleepsuits of newborn and 8 of 0-3 in white/neutral. I'll buy more if I need them in boy themes if I have a boy. Otherwise I have plenty of pink from last time.

Birth plan, imo, waste of time. Just be sure your birth partner knows what you want. We got asked everything as we went along last time.

Ironing? Any iron will do! After the baby is born, you'll be nuts to waste time ironing. Far better things to do with life I think.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013
Lol normally I iron nothing except my work shirts hubby does his own haha it's just because before baby comes I want everything just right and I want to iron the clothes and blankets that said I doubt il continue once baby is here lol

Have been to chat with my friend today she asked what I still needed I said cellular blankets wait here she said and returned down with a large bag full of them she is so kind.... And then a bag full of from new born "toys" her little one is nearly three now so not needing them any more as has older toys except her cuddlys, but it's lovely she also said if u don't mind I also would like to offload some baby items for u if you want them? Que a bag full of unopened cotton wool balls talc, Vasaline sudo creme and some breast pads. It's so nice when people are so caring and kind. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back