Plug questions

Little Bump

Reaction score
Apologies but also posted in ask a mum;

I have a few quick questions re; the plug

Can it come out after sex?
Does it all come out at once or can it come bit by bit?
How much actually comes out?
Is it always blood streaked?
Does the MW or anyone need informing?

Many thanks :)

Hiya :wave: As this is my first baby I'm not too clued up on everything but from what I learnt yesterday at my birthing class its not always got blood in it, it can come out in bits and you can actually lose it weeks before you go into labour, its not always a sign labour is about to start anytime soon. Also its quite jelly like. Hope this helps :hug:

i guess sex could stimulate your plug to come out a little, mine came out over the course of a week leading up to the birth of my baby. It wasnt streaked with blood at all untill the day of my labour.....and there was a huge bit at first, then lots of little bits, and then the day before i went into labour there was another massive lot. i wouldnt really know how to measure the amount, but say like each massive peices were about the same size as a spoon of jelly.

Can it come out after sex? Yes it can
Does it all come out at once or can it come bit by bit? It can come out all at once or in bits...
How much actually comes out? Hmm about the size of a large grape?
Is it always blood streaked? No not nessarily
Does the MW or anyone need informing?
No you don't have to only if you have a very bloody show

Thanks ladies.

Well I'm not sure if it was my plug or what...but I posted last week as I lost a little something that I thought might have been...

TMI time...

It was an off-white lump, size wise I'd say like 6 or 7 chewed pieces of chewing gum stuck together. Someone posted on my thread last time that sex in the past 30 hours or so can kind of congeal your discharge but this wasn't long after, and it seemed quite big to be discharge iykwim?

I reckon it sounds like it, and 6 or 7 pieces of chewing gum is pretty big, I'd expect you'd probably know if it was congealed stuff (nice! ha).

TMI ALERT

I lost what I thought was my plug at about 34 weeks'ish. It was big and in bits, about the 4 or 5 50p size blobs. Well when I actually lost my plug in labour it was MASSIVE and I mean there was so much of it I honestly thought you couldnt have driven a truck through it :lol: no baby was escaping that stuff!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back