Bedding

Nurse 26

Reaction score
Hey ladies! just have a few bedding questions....

How much do we need? we have a crib and so far i have:
2 white cellular blankets
2 soft fleece blankets
4 cotton flat sheets
4 fitted sheets
2 hand knitted blankets

Ive not bothered with a bedding 'set' as such as i thought we were not suposed to use bumper or duvet, is that right?

Is there anything esle i need? do you think this is enough?

I'm clueless :roll:

I've bought a few more blankets as I figured they'd be used all the time :)

You can use bumpers until baby can pull them selves up and no divers :)

Getting close now!!!! Xx

thanks hun! i think i will pick up a few more blankets, like you say they will be used all the time and will be in and out wash!

I know, time is flying at the moment, think its because i'm only just starting to pull my finger out and get organised :)

Iv been a bit confused on this one my self

So far all i have for the mosses basket is 4 fitted sheets, 2 mosses size cellular blankets and the coverlet that came with the basket,

thinking now i prob need a lot more, i was gonna swaddle her but then Health Visitor said its not advised for Newborns but then you hear that its ment for newborns because it keeps them snug like in the womb, its all very confusing,

Eh sorry thats not been any help to you at all doh

ye, its so confusing, i thought neborns liked to be swaddled to, i heard not to swaddle them in fleece blankets as they can over heat. maybe it depends on if baby likes it. i wish everyone would give the same advice!

I think its incase they overheat? i swaddle Josh with a celular blanket, and will do same this time, Josh used to fling his arms around and wake himself up! xx

Yeah its so hard to knwo who to believe

Iv been watching "bringing baby home" its a US prog following the first 2 days with newborn and i do laugh cos its the complete opposite to what were told

Most of them have the babies covered in loads of loose blankets, At the top of the cot/mosses, Wearing at Hat and on there side with rolled up blankets in front of them
and all of them seem fine but who knows

ive got about the same amount as you as well as a woobie and swaddle blanket. im just going to see what the LO likes and go from there.

Yeah its so hard to knwo who to believe

Iv been watching "bringing baby home" its a US prog following the first 2 days with newborn and i do laugh cos its the complete opposite to what were told

Most of them have the babies covered in loads of loose blankets, At the top of the cot/mosses, Wearing at Hat and on there side with rolled up blankets in front of them
and all of them seem fine but who knows

i'm watching that now :) xx

I am also confused!

I have a moses basket and new mattress and a cot with a new mattress - what do I need for this?

I got a gro egg from Asda this week £15 xx

I am also confused!

I have a moses basket and new mattress and a cot with a new mattress - what do I need for this?

I got a gro egg from Asda this week £15 xx

(what i'd do)

With a moses baket: couple of celular blankets if swaddeling, then a couple fleecy blankets to place over the top and tuck under the mattress (adding/taking off depending on tempreture)
And atleast 4 fitted cotton sheets for under the baby (they're always on doesn't matter what the temp)

With the cot: couple of sleeping bags in different togs depending on the time of year, i think winter ones are 2.5tog and summer are 1.5tog. the smallest size is 0-6 months, but don't use if baby can wiggle itself inside the bag. somethiing to do with their shoulders i think.
or if you don't want a sleeping bag, you can use the same fleecy blankets from the moses basket (just unfolded) and maybe a few more if you need to layer them. there is also the quit that comes with the cot bedding set that can be used from 12 months, but i personally used this way before 12 months, they just caution it so babies don't overheat as its 4tog
and then between 2-4 fitted cotton sheets.

is there anything else you need help with hun? xxx

Thanks butterfly that's really helpful, need to get myself one of those room thep reader things, anyone suggest any?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back