Question - re: waters breaking

emma_85

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know that when your waters break you can not control it :shock: !

I keep thinking today that most of my house is cream carpets, and I'm a little concerned it will stain. Yeah yeah, I can hear you all sniggering! I am a worrier at the moment, and this is my latest "oh my god" moment!

So my question is, will it stain? Are there any products that work well that I can send hubby out for to ensure I don't have a huge splodge of my insides on our carpet when people come to visit bubs?

Thanks in advance! xxx

Mine went in bed and didn't stain as it was just waters. If baby has poo'd I don't know if it would stain or not x

It wont and shouldnt stain as its clear and pretty much odourless :)

Mine broke in bed at 4am ... my OH was scrubbing the mattress as i was on the phone to the labour ward :rofl:

Nah its just water and won't stain. Wear a pad around the time your due and that should catch any leakage. Not many people have a huge giantic gush so I wouldnt worry about that.

We've put puppy trainingpads in he bed! Lol

you could always lie this around the house or as my husband says.... Let's crack out the adult nappies! Lol

We've put puppy trainingpads in he bed! Lol

you could always lie this around the house or as my husband says.... Let's crack out the adult nappies! Lol

That's a good idea lol. I saw "maternity bed mats" in tesco tonight but dont know if they would be any good or not.

I would buy adult nappies so I could pee during the night instead of getting up for dribbles lol!!

We had loads of the pads cos we got a new dog a few months agoi and she went through this anxious peeing stage. Didnt need them for long so got plenty left. So as they look like what they put on hospital beds, we decided to put them under the sheets! lol

Agree with you re nightime peeing!:)

I did read in one of the books that if you get waters on your car seat it rots them... anyone know if that's true. Good idea with pads in the bed too!

I did read in one of the books that if you get waters on your car seat it rots them... anyone know if that's true. Good idea with pads in the bed too!

My waters were leaking all the way to hospital with my 1st, I sat on a couple of folded up towels which seemed to do the trick. :)

Many peoples waters don't actually go until they are well & truly in labour by which time you will be in the hospital. Otherwise, if the carpet does get a staining...I saw a fantastic stain remover on the shopping channel the other nite when I couldnt sleep!! Can't remember what it was called, something cheesey like "stains away" on JML...got rid of everything apparently including permanant marker, blood etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back