Waters breaking in shops

star fish

Reaction score
So I was actually thinking about going into town today - I dont really need anything but am bored sitting around at home on my own because OH is at work - it's my due date today and no twinges at all. Maybe the walking around will promote some reaction?

The big question is, how real is this free stuff if your waters break in a shop, and does it have to be your waters, because quite frankly that sounds really embarrasing! Could I not just go into labour? Or is that not good enough?

I've heard this off a few people. I think it's places like M&S and John Lewis etc where you'll get some vouchers etc. I keep threatening to do the rounds at the Trafford Centre and do lunges in particular shops in the hope it works. I wondered about the Apple store until someone pointed out I'd prob just get the bill for cleaning up the mess instead :shock: :D

At lot of people have told me this too, I don't think all shops would just some of the high street stores which are more heard of. x

Go for a walk and find out - then if it happens you can let us know which shop to hang around in or to avoid depending on what you get. lol

xxx

I know blue water and lakeside are the places where you get lotttsss lol but dunno about average shops x

I heard today you get £600 in vouchers if your waters break in mothercare!! But this person also told me that 2p in your mouth tricks a breathalyser which raises many a question :(

But how would they know?? Might wait til mine go, wander in and pour a bottle of water down me trousers and see what I get, it's opposite the hospital here in Romford ;)

Last edited:
I heard today you get £600 in vouchers if your waters break in mothercare!! But this person also told me that 2p in your mouth tricks a breathalyser which raises many a question :(

But how would they know?? Might wait til mine go, wander in and pour a bottle of water down me trousers and see what I get, it's opposite the hospital here in Romford ;)

My midwife told me mothercare refuse to give you anything but Harrods or Selfridges give you loads!

Selfridges ay. I feel a mega exercise session coming on in Selfridges so I can get lots of designer baby stuff :D

There was a woman when I was preg with Chloe and hers went in asda and she got free shopping for a year on all baby produce worth upto £30 a week it was in the paper x her waters went in the cheese isle x

I've heard this off a few people. I think it's places like M&S and John Lewis etc where you'll get some vouchers etc. I keep threatening to do the rounds at the Trafford Centre and do lunges in particular shops in the hope it works. :D

Hahaha imagining pregnant ladies doing lunges in shops then quickly moving to the next shop quick lol

I've heard that Harrods & Selfridges give you lots too. x

I used to be a police officer and that trick doesn't work!! X

I used to be a police officer and that trick doesn't work!! X

Why what do they do??

It's an old tale that you out it in your mouth so when your breath tested it will show you below the limit! Needless to say we were told when training it doesn't work!

Good job too!

I never knew this about shops. Hmm...

X

Meet at the Next sale Boxing Day anyone? Mass pregnant women invasion would prob be quite funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back