A'waters' question

lulu

Reaction score
Would you still know if your waters went in the bath or whilst swimming????

Is that a stupid question? :?

I didnt experience my waters breaking with Jack. (so to speak)

I asked one of my many midwives how they would know if my waters went whilst I was in the birthing pool.
They said they wouldn't be able to tell but would guess they hadn't gone if the baby hadn't appeared after a certain amount of time.

I'm not sure if you would notice yourself :think:

When my waters went in the birthing pool, it was fairly obvious! DH said he could see the water "coming out" was just different, it wasnt 100% clear, it was clear, just had a tint to it.

When my waters broke 2nd time round I was at home and again all over a white tiled bathroom floor, they werent 100% clear. :lol:

You would probably "feel" it if your waters broke, I certainly did, its like doing a big wee, but you're unable to stop the flow :D

On the other hand, if your waters break and trickle slowly, then its possible you wont know they have gone.

mine went in bath and felt like i was peeing, so stood up quick and it didnt stop. also saw flecks of white floating in the water. but then i started giggling from shock and it kept squirting out lol

i had my waters broken artificially first time round but last time it felt like a "click" and it started to trickle out....i wasnt in the bath tho i was in hospital.
sarah. x x x

I would say you would know if they broke even if you were in the bath. Like the other girls have said its not quite clear fluid and it does have bits in it.
I could feel mine coming out and they kept trickling out for quite some time after the intial gush.

charlie84 said:
I would say you would know if they broke even if you were in the bath. Like the other girls have said its not quite clear fluid and it does have bits in it.
I could feel mine coming out and they kept trickling out for quite some time after the intial gush.

I agree with that.

Mine went in the bath when I was in hospital. I think i felt a 'pop' feeling...and was bathing in clear water. Saw a jelly like, crystalised stuff 9sorry TMI). I stood up and it was still coming out.

So, I think you will know. You will feel like they have and there may be obvious signs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back