Waters breaking???

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
For a while I have been getting tightenings in my bump and lower back pain. It eased off on Sunday but has returned today. Literally seconds ago while I was logging in to the forums I felt a trickling feeling like I had just pee'd myself. I went to check my underwear and it has a slight discolour and it smells quite bad! Almost fishy. Is that my waters breaking? I don't want to mention to OH right now because it will put him into a right panic!

i've been getting a kind of trickling sensation the past week or so, but it just seems to be increased discharge. it doesn't smell, just a kind of clear/whitish colour.

some girls have suggested before that if you put a pad on and lie down and the water 'pools' in the pad then it's more than likely your waters, if it's just discharge it only comes down with gravity if you know what i mean?

keep us updated hun :hug:

A quick google suggests it smells sweet, I can't say anything from experience though :) good luck

i'm not sure hun, i remember having a few "leaks" but my waters didn't break till i pushed bubs out so it must have been wee...
why don't you put on a pad and moniter if you are getting more?
if it is your waters they will probably keep on trickling!
then if you are worried then ring the ward/midwife coz they'll be able to check if it is your waters! hope your ok :hug:

Hi,

This has happened to me a couple of times - well it's just clear discharge but I'd say just keep an eye on it.

All the best,

Aww JoAnn, you're having a tough time of it lately aren't you hun :hug:

I don't have a clue what it could be but I just wanted to give you hugs and say I hope everything's ok and you're feeling better :hug: xx

NickyB said:
A quick google suggests it smells sweet, I can't say anything from experience though :) good luck

Sorry this is totally TMI but it smells a bit like semen :puke:

You'll know when your waters have gone because there's no stopping them even if it's only a trickle! I was told to put on a pad and call the hospital if it was soaked within half an hour - it was soaked in about 30 seconds :lol: .

If you're at all worried hun give your midwife a call. :hug:

Hi

At my classes they said that the waters don't smell and iss the colour of barlry.

Hope this helps

Mx

Thanks for the replies! I phoned my MW this morning who asked if I could pop into my doctors ASAP to have a quick examination. Luckily my doctors surgery is a 10 minute walk so I was there in a shot! :lol: My doctor had a look and she said the cervix is firmly shut so it wasn't my waters :oops: but I do have a lot of discharge which she said indicates yet another infection so I am back on the anti-biotics again.

I feel daft for quickly assuming it was my waters breaking. I guess I am at the stage where paranoia takes over in the blink of an eye! :lol:

You did the right thing and now you have an answer....A lot of us have beenin similar situtations :hug:

fuffins1981 said:
You did the right thing and now you have an answer....A lot of us have beenin similar situtations :hug:

Yeah like coughing and peeing yourself :oops: :oops:

xjoann said:
I feel daft for quickly assuming it was my waters breaking. I guess I am at the stage where paranoia takes over in the blink of an eye! :lol:

Not at all, I bet it's wishful thinking to an extent too :)

Don't feel daft, it is always better to ask if worried :hug: Hope the infection clears up soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back