Question about the placenta and smoking.

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
I used to smoke about 10 a day, the past 2 weeks iv cut down to about 1 every other day.
I am cutting down loads.
Im just panicking now Iv caused damage to my child.
What week does the placenta form because I didnt think anything would get through to the baby until then?

Sorry Hun, I have never smoked so not sure, I think its about now, as on my scan I asked where the placentas was, and she said hard to tell as it's so small and not yet up and running, that was at 10 weeks exactly.

You have done very well cutting back to just 4 or so a week, keep up the good work, your baby will be so much the better for the changes you have made X Are you going to try and stop completely now ?

Not sure about the placenta Hun but well done on cutting down x x

Yeah I hardly want one anymore as I have very bad sickness so hopefully I should be fag free really soon :)
I had an early scan at 7+1 weeks and I just compared it to yours in another post and my blob looks 3x smaller than yours even though its the same time. maybe Ill put a pic up to see :)

oh , so you compared your 7 plus 1 to my early scan at 7 plus 6? , it measured 15.3mm then (1.5 cm), and was dated only by the scan, (not my LMP, which was 8 plus 6), what did your 7 plus 1 measure?

Well done for cutting down to that hun :)

Thanks eveyone :)

and Im not sure hun she just took measurments of the baby witch took me to 7+1

Perhaps mine was zoomed in to help her measure when she took the photo, as she still had the measure Line on the screen in the photo. Don't worry, sure it is all fine, smoking prob makes a difference over the whole pregnancy when growth is at its most rapid in the third Tri I imagine.

Why don't you say right that's it- tonight..... no more cigs? your soo near... (you can do it)
I gave up caffene, was awful for a week or so, now I think I prefer it, I am more stable and less up and down!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back