Silly question about placenta....

fabwisp

Reaction score
This is probably a very silly question but here goes.... :roll:
the placenta is attatched to the baby and the mother. But where abouts on the mother? The front, back or side? Or is it different for every pregnancy?

The reason I ask is as some of you know I've had some bleeding and clots, been told it's from an area of bleeding where the placenta is attatching to me (or something along them lines). Been told to take it easy, which is easier said than done with 2 other kids on summer hols lol! Anyway, I've not done too much as after 10 minutes of being on my feet pottering about I'm getting a pulling sensation towards the front of my pelvis... just wondering if perhaps thats where the placenta is....

Sorry for the rambly post :lol:

It depends on each person and each pregnancy. Some people have the placenta previa where it covers the cervix, it attaching anywhere other than there is normal :D

It depends on each person and each pregnancy. Some people have the placenta previa where it covers the cervix, it attaching anywhere other than there is normal :D

Thank you. So I wonder wether the tightening I'm feeling is my bodies way of saying relax !

Or u stretching to make room for bubba xx

Could be lol! When I had my scan yesterday the sonographer said it was measuring at 3cms! :oooo:
Sometimes I wish that there was one way to be pregnant and all women were the same, then there wouldn't be any uncertainty! We would know exactly what was going on and what was normal or not!
This is my 4th and although the first 3 were very similar, this one has thrown me as it is soooo different!

can't wait till my 12 week scan. waiting for a date at the moment x

My 12 week scan will be my third one! Gettin greedy with scans lol! Thinkin about havin a private gender scan at 16/17 weeks too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back