Question about Moses Basket/Cribs

Froslass

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm not really sure what to do about where to put LOs bed when he/she arrives..

Ideally, I really wanted a swinging crib, but our bed is only literally an inch or so off the ground (really low) so I thought LO would be too high up!

I'm wondering if I should just get a Moses basket and put a quilt down beside the bed with the Moses basket on top of it? Then LO will be rit beside me, and during the day LO can sleep in the basket on the stand in th living room?

I though about co sleeping for the first few weeks, but decided against it, because I know I'll not want to give up the cuddles! Lol

the baby will be fine in just a normalmoses basket on a stand, or like the swing crib you wanted, doesnt make an actual difference to the baby if your bed is slightly lower, so not quite sure advice you need sorry couldnt be more help

That should be fine if you put a quilt down with just the moses basket on there, as long as there's no draft or anything, sometimes floor level can be a bit drafty. That's what I'd do if I was in your position.

Our bed is high enough that we have a rocking stand for the moses basket, so LO will be next to the bed in that, on OHs side haha! He's not going to be happy, he thinks with me BFing he'll get away with no night time feeds, but no, no, no! He'll be passing LO over to me every time! He refuses to swap sides though, he won't let me sleep near the door!

We're going to do the same thing as you during the day, so instead of traipsing upstairs and downstairs, we'll bring the stand down into the living room to try LO sleeping downstairs during the day. But if he won't sleep down here, he can go in the moses basket upstairs or in his cot to start getting used to it.

Hope that helps!

xx

Also forgot to say, it won't matter to LO if they are higher up, but I can understand you might find it easier to just lean over rather than having to get up and reach up a lot higher xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back