Question about extra scans

Jojo84

Reaction score
I'm high risk due to bmi - I also have strepB which apparently adds to high risk status

When are the extra scans you get?

I'm high risk due to bmi and my first extra scan is at 28 weeks. In my last pregnancy i had them every 4 weeks as i tested positive for gestational diabetes aswell.

How many extra scans do you get?

Not totally sure unless i come up positive for diabetes again on my next test. I didn't even know i would get extra this time as there was no sign of diabetes at my last test lol

I am classed as high risk due to my arrhythmia, I have no idea if this will mean any more scans though

I am high risk because I have Crohn's disease. I had the following NHS scans.12 weeks
16 weeks - had this instead of 16 week midwife appt & saw consultant straight after scan
20 weeks
28 weeks - saw consultant after scan
32 weeks - saw consultant after scan
36 weeks - saw consultant after scan
I'm seeing consultant again at 38 weeks but not sure if I'm having any more scans - think he is too squashed now!

I also had a private scan at 6, 10 & 15 weeks & 4D at 29 weeks.

I'm high risk due to previous pregnancy with pre-eclampsia and low birth weight baby. I have 3 extra scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks to check baby's growth.

It probably depends on your situation and your consultant. When do you see your consultant? They're very good at going through that kind of thing.

I was high risk due to recurrent miscarriages and then recurrent reduced movement. I had scans at 6,7,8,9,11,13,15,16,17,19,21,29,32,34,36,38 weeks.

I was also strep b positive but was told this wouldn't add to the high risk, just need iv antibiotics.

I would ask with your consultant but I would think you would get a growth scan maybe around 28 weeks when they do the gtt test? X

I see my consultant on Wednesday. Dreading it and dont see that we will get on very well. I'm already very dismissive of people's judging who don't know me, If they start judging me for my bmi then I'm going to be dishing sone judgements back - I don't have good history with uppity consultants.

I've been told that I will get extra scans. I want ad little contact with consultant as possible.

My friend gas this consultant and she said she's a mega bitch.

Last edited:
im having extra scans (28 32 36wks) im high risk due to BMI. But also at my 20wk scans it appeared i had a low lying placenta yet at my 22wk scan (it was a diiferent sonographer) it didnt appear low lying and cancelled my 36 wk scan. But at my consultant appt last week she put my 36wk scan back on. Im not sure why though. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back