Put on too much weight.....feeling emotional

fluffycat

Reaction score
Have just been for midwife appointment (39+5) where she weighed me and said I have put on too much weight:sad: am actually so gutted.
Aparantly they expect 14kg in total from starting weight and I have put on nearly 19kg.

Just feeling emotional as it is and fed up that I am having no signs of labour.

Feel like I have had the worst rage ever the past couple of days.
Anyone else feeling crap??

Xx

Last edited:
Hi. I'm 39+3 so only 2 days behind you. This is my first baby so I'm half expecting to go over(really don't want to)!! I started off at 62kg and I am now 75kg so put on 13kg. To be honest I wouldn't worry about it - so long as you are healthy baby is healthy so weight gain isn't a big deal. im hoping to get out with the pram in this good weather to lose it and I'm sure u will be the same. Try not to beat yourself up about it xx

I wouldn't worry about it love. You've been growing a human life for the last 9 months. Who cares if you're a few kgs over their stupid measuring charts etc. Don't worry yourself over it look forward to the time you're about to have with the baby you have just given a home to for 9 months. Smile :) x

Bodies do what they will do. I gain a ton during pregnancy (45ish pounds each time) and am always super healthy, recover well and have healthy babies and great milk production. Go by other measures of health (how you feel, blood pressure, vitamin levels etc) - the weight just isn't a reliable indicator of how you're doing.

Not sure what the midwife thought she'd gain by weighing you at this stage and saying that?! It's not like you can do anything about it now, and then it's up to you after the baby is born to decide how much you want to lose and how bothered you are about losing it - it's not really any of her concern.

Your body lays down fat stores so you have plenty of reserves for when you're breastfeeding.

Yeh I agree - why did the midwife weigh you?! Just to make you feel guilty. I just weighed myself and I've got up 2kg since I last weighed myself and I've not been pigging out. Everyone's body is different - I wouldn't take any notice of the "so called normal"!!

If she wanted you to gain no more than what she calls normal, why didn't she weigh you earlier and tell you then? She doesn't sound like a very capable mw, making a woman who will soon give birth feel bad about her weight! Don't worry about it, you'll soon have a lovely, healthy baby in your arms.

If it makes you feel better i gained 25kg! In both my pregnancies!!!

I wasnt bothered much as i lost it afterwards.
Im still only 6 weeks PP but over 2 stone down and have just under 2 stone left to go. But this will 100% be gone before the ebd of 2016.

Try not to beat yourself up! Uve not really gained a massive amount when u think about baby, placenta, water xx

Thanks for the replies ladies.
Midwife said they have to record a weight at around 36 weeks for their records and did it yesterday since she had forgotten.
To be honest I'm just probably a bit sensitive about my weight at the best of times, dropped to 7st 9 before getting pregnant again and am now 10st 9, I honestly feel like I can't help it tho. I really havnt been eating just junk and have been pretty active.

I know I will lose it afterwards, just felt a bit miffed yesterday, she hadnt weighed me at all since booking in appointment so thought they would just ignore weight.

Xx

I was only ever weighed at booking in appointment in both my pregnancies. MWs never asled to reweigh me. I kept a record myself at home though.

Id just ignore her hun x

I've just weighed myself and I've puton 14kg so far and I'm 36 weeks today.

To be fair I'm still in the same size clothes, even though I do feel I'm a lot bigger.

I wouldn't worry ... I'm certainly not.

I plan to get out everyday with the pram once baby is here and do some power walks xx

dropped to 7st 9 before getting pregnant again and am now 10st 9, I honestly feel like I can't help it tho. I really havnt been eating just junk and have been pretty active.

Xx

Pretty sure that's your reason right there.

The smaller you are the more you are likely to gain because your body needs the extra fat.

I've 'only' gained 12 kilos in this pregnancy but I was 9st 8lb before getting pregnant and am 11st 8lb now.
I was a size 8 before getting pregnant and now I'm still in size 8 maternity tops but either an 8 or 10 in jeans.

To be fair you're still tiny so I really don't see the issue over weight gain!! xx

Thanks Phoenix, I didn't see the issue either which I why I was so surprised when she asked me to stand on the scales. Just felt a bit down about it last night, got to me a little bit.

Also, have just found a new bunch of stretch marks on my hips this morning, the joys of pregnancy!!! Usually things like this wouldn't bother me as much but I feel really emotional just now. Xx

To be honest it isn't a lot more. Id gained 13kg by 32weeks, given up worrying about it now and will deal with it when baby is out! Don't worry about it.. Some people gain less, some more xx

Yeah when i noticed stretchmarks on the back of my legs, i had a good cry! Lol wasn't expecting them there for some reason x

At the end of the day as long as baby has grown and is healthy it shouldn't be an issue, you can diet if you choose after birth, just concentrate on the near future and welcoming your baby into the world x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back