• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Psoriasis & Pregnancy

WiccanRachel

Reaction score
I know this is such a long shot but i was wondering if any of you ladies have Psoriasis?? Wiki Link If Unsure!: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psoriasis
I have had it since puberty so i would say about 11 years. It covers 80% of my body and is so painful not to mention ugly :(
Worst place i seem to have it is my legs and my face! (Believe me having to have a bath to soak my face and rub of dead cells everyday so i can apply makeup isn't the best)... :(
Since finding out i am pregnant i have had to stop using the Steriod cream as it is harmful and now it has come back on my arms and legs with a vegence. I don't even think i can see a clear patch on my legs at all :(
Any of you ladies suffer with this either minor or chronic?
I am so worried that my baby will contract this, as it is in the genes.. But there isn't much i can do about it lol.
Would be great to hear from you.

I know it's probably a long shot!

Blessed Be xxxx

My friend's mam has it but my friend hasnt got it...also my mams friend and her kids don't have it either. Sorry cant be much help xxx

I haven't had this myself, but my sister underwent months of UV light treatment when creams and other remedies failed to "cure" her.

The UV treatment has worked wonders, she hardly has a patch on her now, and she was covered from the soles of her feet to the top of her scalp, constantly itching and in back, it was horrible.

I don't know if you'd be able to have the light treatment with being pregnant, but if it was only on your worst areas like your legs and face then it might be okay?
Sorry to hear you're suffering :hugs:

Blessed Be x

I haven't had it but my best friend has had it since we were little and she had to use the special shampoo. It seems to have cleared up as we've gotten older, she'll be 30 this week. She also has a little boy and he hasn't had it or any other skin problems. It looks very sore, bug hugs!

X x x x

Only just saw this post. Although I'm no longer in Tri one thought I would answer anyways :)

I've had psoriasis since I was in my early 20s it has flared up on and off over the years sometimes worse than other times. When I was going through my first divorce it covered all my legs, stomach, elbows and scalp. It was terrible. I could cover my body up but having it on my scalp was really embarrassing as it flakes. I used steroid creams, sunbeds > (not advised) both did a fair job of clearing it. But I found once my stress levels came down it got better. Although never ever left completely.

I had a flare up about a year ago through stress, my scalp and ears were worse and I wouldn't go out much. Funnily enough though when I got pregnant in Aug it suddenly started to go on it's own, as did my fibromyalgia pain. It was like baby was making me better. As I sit here now I've only got a tiny bit on tummy bout size of 5p. However since I am going through mc I am worried it will all come back :(

As you know stress makes it worse so if you are prone to stress your in trouble....I'm a total stresshead and been on and tabs for depression for as long as I can remember so I feel doomed to flare ups forever :(

I also find certain foods bring it on worse, for me it's sausages, too much suger, anything tomatoe. Everyone has different triggers, you should take note if you get a flare up after eating certain foods and try to avoid them.

Mine in on my dads side...both my brothers have it. My older brother has it mild but my younger brother has it so bad he sometimes needs to be hospitalized. It looks like someone has dipped in him hot fat, he literally looks like a burns victim it's so sad. The hospital treatments do a good job of clearing him up though and after two weeks he looks amazing. But sadly it always comes back.

My daughter is 17 and touch wood has not had it yet...she is a total stresshead too.

I totally understand how it can make you feel. If ever you need a chat please don't hesitate to msg me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back