Protein in my urine:-(

stumpyjoe

Reaction score
I've been to the hospital today to see the consultant he thinks I may have a urine infection as there's protein in my urine and that may be why I've been having period type pains. I told him about my bad head aches and really swollen feet but he didn't seem that worried. I feel a bit down about it actually, silly I know, but I thought the period pains were a sign that maybe things were moving but obviously not. It's funny because a few times yesterday I said to oh that I felt unwell, I couldn't put my finger on what was wrong I just didn't feel right.
So I'm a bit fed up now :-(

sometimes u can just have protein in ur wee i had +1 and then +2 for a few weeks on the trot in my urine they all came back clear hope this gives u a lil hope :)

Thanks rere that does give me hope I have +2 - we'll just have to wait and see what the tests say. I feel a bit better now I've read that. I've got a mw appointment tomorrow so she'll check my urine again then it may be gone tomorrow.

Yeah what rere said, ive had +1, +2 amnd i think + 3 for weeks for possible uti (cant remeber the name, begins with an L..lesterlites?!!). Anyway my sample always comes back inconclusive....so now they dont care when it reads up on my urine. I just drink loads of water and drink orange and cranberry juice.

its just precautionary if they is protein in ur urine it can be signs of a uti but not always mean u have one u tend to have a pain in ur kidneys if u have a uti i think :)
chin up hun

I have had period pains and pains in my back too. I thought it was a sign that baby was coming I never once thought that it could be an infection. I hope it's not, I'm sure it won't be! I'm just glad it's not pre eclampsia as I've got other symptoms of that too. I just keep thinking - less than 3 weeks come on less than 3 weeks!

i was having awful pains in my back and thats when i had the 2+ of protein but bad back can b down to baby position weight ect try not to stress to much hun

i had protein in my urine and it came back that ive got a urine infection. so im taking antibiotics right now. hopefully it will clear up soon

Everytime I've had my urine checked they've found protein in my urine but it's always come back clear so I wouldn't worry too much. Hope you feel better soon anyway and you are soon blessed with an easy labour and beautiful, healthy child xxx

oh u have me thinking now. I've had period pains recently & back ache....i just thought it was baby moving about alot stretching ligaments at the front & that my back ache was due to baby being back to back.....mw app 2mrw, so i'll find out then if its anything else

Well I've had mw appointment today and there is no protein in my urine. Weird how it can be there one day and not the next. Mw said my hospital sample could have been contaminated with cervical mucus which can show protein. Maybe it was that. So it looks like I don't have an infection just occasional proteiny wee! I feel relieved now I have to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back