Protein in urine.

NIE

Reaction score
Should I really worry that my urine tested positive for protein?

If the docs are worried then yes, be worried. However, it could be many other things than the worst thought. Like, if you take a urine sample first thing int he morning, before washing, protein can show etc If your blood pressure is fine and you are not suffering from anything else, it could be nothing to worry about. Try not eating salts, not adding any to food and try avoiding food that has it in.

Hi,
All my urine samples have had traces of protein in it since I started seeing the Midwife. My MW says theres nothing to worry about and sends them off to get tested just incase and they've never said anything else to me about it. I'm sure it's ok, if not ask. Our MW's are very helpful if you need to know anything :)

Could just be a urine infection but please make sure that they check it out, especially if you have swollen feet/hands etc xx

I was told it just means there could be a urine infection. If your blood pressure is fine then no worries!

if you have no other symptoms then there is no need to worry. i have had protein show in urine a few times durin pregnancy but mw only got worried last week becus i had experienced dizziness and flashing lights and fingers had swollen, however i spent 2 nights in hospital for them to tell me i was fine just doing a bit too much lol

xxxxx

try not 2 worry too much. its only cause for concern if its combined with high BP, blurred vision and swollen hands and face, this could indicate pre-eclampsia.

Thanks. x

My blood pressure was a little low last week but is now back in the normal range. My hands and feet have slight swelling every now and again but have been like this on and off for a couple of months.

I'm still waiting on the results coming back. Hopefully it will be tomorrow and at worse I'll need an antibiotic for a urine infection. xxx

Try not to worry - easier said than done, I know. If they were really concerned they would have arranged further tests and most likely kept you in. Some protein coming through is surprisingly common. Take care.

It depends what level of protein you have, mine was always +3 or more which is the highest and I was admitted at 33 weeks and given steriod injections to mature Charlie's lungs as although my blood pressure wasnt massively higher (a little higher than my usual) they kept telling me that they could deliver any minute which scared me to death!!! I stayed in for a week and my levels came back down on their own gradually then the same thing happended at 38 weeks and I was back in again for about 4 days then they went back down and I was having checks twice a week with the midwife but everything seemed to be okay.
I then went into labour day before my due date, had protein when admitted to the labour suite, managed 20 hours of labour but I started getting chest pains although my BP was fine and Charlie then decided to get stuck so had an emergency C-Section on my due date!!!
If your midwife is worried they will monitor you at the hospital and although it can be very scary you would be in the best place should they need to do something and just look, I managed to go full term with a few protein scares along the way and the best part was that I got to familiarise myself with the wards and midwives which meant it was so much easier to settle when I eventually had Charlie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back