progesterone cream

Louloubelle84

Reaction score
Going to try 'pregenolone' cream this month which I believe is a progesterone cream.

It doesn't say when to use it so I'm wondering if it's for use throughout the whole cycle or on certain days.

Does anyone have an idea?

Anyone used thus and have any success stories to share?

I think I read somewhere that it should be after you have ovulated but not sure :S

hus, it has been dubbed "the happy hormone". Menstruating Women: Apply once or twice a day as needed, starting on the 12th day after the first day of menstrual flow thru the 28th day.

Just found on Google - hope that helps :D

If using for fertility take after ovulation until AF appears. I believe if you take before ovulation it can delay or mess up ovulation. Dont apply to same place each time either mix it up.

Thanks ladies.

I better invest in some opks. I stopped using them to take a more relaxed approach to ttc.

Im onto day 3 of using pregenolene and so far so good not noticed any side effects.

Hi, I've tried it for a couple of cycles. As lura says, definitely only use after ovulation as it could delay it otherwise. Let us know how you get on.

Did you notice any difference Syd? I'm on cd11 and normally ov cd 14 so will start testing from tomorrow I think.

Lura how are you finding it?

Last edited:
My spotting did lessen a bit but I don't know if that was the cream or the acupuncture. I only remembered to use it about 4 times last cycle and that was the least amount of spotting I had. I just don't know if my spotting is low progesterone as my 21 day test was good. Could be my fibroid.

Did you notice any difference Syd? I'm on cd11 and normally ov cd 14 so will start testing from tomorrow I think.

Lura how are you finding it?

So far so good! On day 5 of using it. No side effects. Noticed my boobs havent hurt as much which is always a plus on the run up to AF.

Im on 10 DPO... I never make it to 10 DPO. I either starting spotting on 9DPO or bleeding by 10DPO. So AF is due today and so far so good! Dont want to get excited just yet! Xx

My husband doesn't want time to use this, :wall2: thinks it'll have bad side affects ... I really want to try now there's a bfp from using this

My husband doesn't want time to use this, :wall2: thinks it'll have bad side affects ... I really want to try now there's a bfp from using this

Do you have a short luteal phase hun? If you dont I probably wouldn't use it as your progesterone might be fine. I used it because my luteal phase is 9 days.

Depends when i ovulate tbf... sometimes short sometimes really long xx

PB do you know that you have low progesterone? If you don't and you use it it could cause an imbalance.

I totally get that but if you don't know that's an issue you could cause more problems by using it. Have you had your 21 day bloods done? X

Hey girls. If your luteal phase is less that 10 days then its worth trying progesterone cream.
If its more than 10 days its risky as could cause more harm than good. You can mess up your hormones. Its worth doing day21 blood test to check your pg levels first. Glad it worked for you lulatraloora x

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

No, my docs don't do bloods, have to wait for fertility consultant to do it... :( in July. They refused to test me even for diabetes even tho most my family have it, (which could have been a major factor in mcing). Literally had to beg and cry to get them to send me to get them done. Useless lol.

Just looked on FF and my usual luteal phase is 12/13 days. So this would mean I have the right amount of progesterone?

Last edited:
Peanut,luteal phase 12/13 days is very good. Mine is 11 days.
I'd suggest to take B6 100 mg and B12 and vitamin C 750 mg to increase progesterone after ovulation. x

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back