Problems conceiving after the depo?

Natalie_reid

Reaction score
I was on the depo for 3 years and have had my period back for 2 years and been trying for 14 months now, as u can imagine it's becoming a little disheartening. I went to my local clinic recently and was basically told it can take 18 months of trying and to keep at it, take folic acid and keep healthy. Anyone experience the same or have any advice or tips?xx

hey I had one shot of this ,I did get pregnant after but was not ttc as soon as i stoped the shot so not sure how long really,yes I was also told take a good 18 months ,good luck x

Thanks after a good few months it becomes really disheartening but I'll keep doing everything that was suggested and hopefully get some luck xx

HI hun ive been off depo since sept 2012 when my jab was due my periods and bleeding has been irregular and just this month I have stopped spotting and bleeding all the time. No luck I had a chemical last month and only 9 days of not bleeding. Im 16dpo now and bfn. Ivr started taking dong quai as of today.
Sorry to hear of your depo nightmare. I was on it 5 years xxx

Hiya! I was on depo for somewhere between 2-3 years, can't remember exactly. Came off march last year and got my bfp 2 weeks ago.
Main tips are try using agnus castus to regulate your cycles, use opks for a few months to work out when you're ovulating then ditch them as they made me more stressed, try and dtd every other day, try conceive plus and soft cups. Think all of that plus trying to relax about it was what helped me. Depo is awful but lots of people go on to get bfps after, so keep positive! Xx

HI hun ive been off depo since sept 2012 when my jab was due my periods and bleeding has been irregular and just this month I have stopped spotting and bleeding all the time. No luck I had a chemical last month and only 9 days of not bleeding. Im 16dpo now and bfn. Ivr started taking dong quai as of today.
Sorry to hear of your depo nightmare. I was on it 5 years xxx

What is dong quai? Never heard of it xx

Hiya! I was on depo for somewhere between 2-3 years, can't remember exactly. Came off march last year and got my bfp 2 weeks ago.
Main tips are try using agnus castus to regulate your cycles, use opks for a few months to work out when you're ovulating then ditch them as they made me more stressed, try and dtd every other day, try conceive plus and soft cups. Think all of that plus trying to relax about it was what helped me. Depo is awful but lots of people go on to get bfps after, so keep positive! Xx

I've never heard of alot of this either, other than folic acid and eating healthy I'm not clued up at all on any of this kind of thing? But along as its not harmful to my body I'm willing to try anything? And would I get this stuff from a pharmacy? Thanks for the tips xxx

Last edited:
Hi I was in deposit for only 12 months and wen I came off it I couldn't get pregnant so after 1 yr I was put on Clomid to kicks start my overuse into action it worked I ovulated first month and got y bro :). Uncoukd maybe try some soy isotoavones it basicaly does what Clomid does xx

Hi I was in deposit for only 12 months and wen I came off it I couldn't get pregnant so after 1 yr I was put on Clomid to kicks start my overuse into action it worked I ovulated first month and got y bro :). Uncoukd maybe try some soy isotoavones it basicaly does what Clomid does xx

Was this by your doctor you were put on clomid? Or can u buy it over the counter?x

No I was sent for tests at hospital but all ok so they said was depo stopping ovulate so they gave me Clomid ... Try Angus cactus/vitex or soy isoflavoes o bring in ovulation xx

I was on depo for over 10 years :shock: I had my last injection in June 2010. I didn't have a period until Dec 2010. After that I fell into a regular cycle of 24-28 days. I confirmed I was ovulating using OPKs and doing my basal body temp each morning. I had started to take Agnus Castus a couple of cycles before I got my BFP because I was concerned my luteal phase was a bit short. Anyhow I had 5 cycles and then got my BFP. So that was 11 months after I stopped the depo. I had my son in Jan 2012 and I am now 18 weeks pg with my 2nd baby.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

I've never heard of alot of this either, other than folic acid and eating healthy I'm not clued up at all on any of this kind of thing? But along as its not harmful to my body I'm willing to try anything? And would I get this stuff from a pharmacy? Thanks for the tips xxx

Agnus castus is herbal- you can get it from Holland and barratts and you take it from cd1 til ovulation then leave it for the rest of the cycle.
I just used cheap opks from amazon. Then conceive plus and soft cups i got from amazon too. Popped the soft cup in after dtd and kept it in overnight to stop any leakage! Ha sorry if tmi!! Xx

Agnus castus is herbal- you can get it from Holland and barratts and you take it from cd1 til ovulation then leave it for the rest of the cycle.
I just used cheap opks from amazon. Then conceive plus and soft cups i got from amazon too. Popped the soft cup in after dtd and kept it in overnight to stop any leakage! Ha sorry if tmi!! Xx

I will need find out what soft cups are lol and what's cd1 ? I keep seeing all these abbreviations on here but dunno what they are lol I'll have a look out for that agnus castus x

Cd 1 is calendar day 1 which means 1st day of period :) then after I ovulate its days past ovulation which is dpo xxx

Soft cups are like circular plastic things that some people used for periods... they look a little scary but are actually quite easy to use and not uncomfortable.
Abbreviations take a bit of getting used to! Try searching pregnancy forum abbreviations in a search engine and that should help :) xx

Yeh I had a look at soft cups on amazon they kinda look like condoms lol....yeh I see the abbreviations sometimes n think what's that....thanks for your help ladies xxx

hello,

Not sure if I am at right place if not can you send me to the correct place.

So after coming on the depo last injection July so ran out 9th October 2013 I have been panicking about the time it will take as we are TTC I am 27 and just married. I have looked up on this and gone through sooo many forums and took the advice to wait but take pregnacare conception. I also bought the clearblue ovulation kit - as I am one of these people who wants it as soon as I have the idea. I have been taking the vitamins for 4 days and every other day I have used the ovulation kit. Anyway there has been nothing, however today I have had a peak symbol. Does this mean I am ovulating?? No period even spotting yet. I am confused - is it possibly good news or the depo messing up the result??

many thanks to anyone who can help either way

I would say if you've only just come off depo it could be a false result, as I didn't ovulate for a few months after coming off depo. Perhaps try anyway though just in case! Xx

Hi I was on it 5 years it took 4 months for my afs to properly start after the last jab ran ouy last sept
We are on 14th month ttc too hang in there xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back