problems with cycles after depo

mummytrying

Reaction score
hi everyone im new to this board and just wondered if anyone was having problems trying to conceive after a depo jab.

Iv already got a six year old girl and are trying for a baby, my last depo jab ran out in August and im only just regaining some sort of cycle but they are very hit and miss iv had three periods this month what great fun!

So just wondered if anyone else was having this problem.

HI, IM HAVING PROBLEMS COMING OFF DEPO. LAST DEPO JAG WAS FEB 2004. DIDNT GET PERIOD TILL 1/12/04 WHICH WAS NORMAL 7 DAYS. GOT SPOTTING ON 2/1/05 FOR ONE DAY THEN NOTHING. GOT PERIOD ON 10/1/05 AND IT LASTED FOR THREE WEEKS WITH A LOT OF BROWN BLOOD. WENT TO DOCTOR ON 16/2/05 TO SEE IF THIS IS NORMAL AND SHE CONFIRMED IT WAS. WAS COMPELLED TO DO OVULATION TEST NEXT MORNING AND IT WAS POSITIVE FOR THE FIRST TIME! STARTED SPOTTING THIS MORNING COULD BE IMPLANTATION BLEEDING BUT MORE LIKELY YET ANOTHER PERIOD.

I have always had very irregular cycle but in particular after I came off depo. I am now pregnant but it took a long time (not sure you'll want to know how long) but I had actually started having infertility tests.
In my opinion (totally un-professional) I feel that depo must stay in your system for a lot longer than the pill, for example. If i'd known back then what I know now I'd have tried a different method but hey my story has a happy ending so I can't complain. Good luck to you xxx

i hope you have a happy nine months and beyond, i wasnt made aware of the time length that would be involved when i first started the injections. For me the most annoying thing is not knowing if i have conceived or not as my periods could be late anyway so im having to refrain from drinking and medication as i dont want to do any harm if i do catch on.

Me neither - I think that depo is still a relatively 'new' contraceptive i.e. in comparison to the Pill so perhaps the full extent of its effects is still being discovered? I know exactly how you feel I was on tenterhooks for a very long time. But depo suited me brilliantly as I have a terrible memory so could not rely on myself to take the pill every day and also I used to get awful migraines when I was on the pill. So I guess there's pros and cons with both?
Good luck to you too, I hope the day you're waiting for comes very soon xxx

Hi, I've been using Depo for 6 years and have just stopped - I've heard so many bad stories but I HAVE HEARD SOME POTENTIALLY GOOD NEWS. Apparently, going onto the pill after using Depo can 'kick-start' your cycle because it controls it and so creates a 'false' cycle. I'm going to the doctor's to discuss, the response I've had from the Practice Nurse hasn't been negative so far! Fingers crossed, might be worth looking into :?:

my depo should have run out in sepy 2004 im still tryingand hoping i think there needs to be more research in to this jab
mummytrying said:
hi everyone im new to this board and just wondered if anyone was having problems trying to conceive after a depo jab.

Iv already got a six year old girl and are trying for a baby, my last depo jab ran out in August and im only just regaining some sort of cycle but they are very hit and miss iv had three periods this month what great fun!

So just wondered if anyone else was having this problem.

Arleen,

We're depo twins as my last jab was Feb 04 as well!

I hate TTC and have got my 1st app with experts at hospital tomorrow morning, i'll ask some general questions about depo for all of us and i'll report back friday if i get time.

I HATE THE DEPO, i wasnt advised of all the side effects and would never use it again in a million zillion years, ahhhhh!

On the plus side my last 2 cycles have been exactly 28 days (pre depo cycle was 31 days) so maybe i'm nearly normal again. I for one hate to think of what it has done to my body, it makes me so angry. :twisted:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back