Problem with my Weight **Updated**

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
Before having Evie I was a healthy 7 stone 11. I am only 5'2". I went up to 9 stone 12 when I was pregnant

A couple of weeks after having her I was down to 8 stone 4, 2 months later I was back down to 7 stone 10 and I was happy with that- I just wanted to tone up rather than lose 'weight'

Now, 8 months on I am down to 6 stone 13 :( I just keep losing weight. I hate it- I'm so fricking small that it drives me mad. I'm fed up with people saying "OMG I cant believe you've had a baby- look how tiny you are..." They mean it as a compliment but I don't see it that way :(

What can I do??? I eat for England and I only go to aerobic once a week- I'm not giving that up cause I love it. I dont drive so I have to walk everywhere which is my main form of exercise....

:( Im fed up with being the skinny runt. :(

**UPDATED**

I went to the doctors and they ran tests for a thyroid problem- nothing wrong there.

Went to get my pill today and they are refusing to prescribe it because I am now 6stone 8 :(

I don't know what to do- I eat EVERYTHING :x

Firstly I'd go to the doctor and they will do some checks, thyroid, bloods etc

Then take it from there :)

first off ur gonna make people want to throw bricks at u loooooool :lol: :lol: :lol:

second, go docs and see if ur thyroids alright cos I knew a guy who had trouble keepin weight on, even tho he ate toooonnes - turned out his was overactive!!

Jade I'm in the same position weighing 7.11 at 5 7 tall. It could be stress thats whats done it for me xx

Deffo see your doctor though

Im the same hun, but try 6 stone 8 and 5"6!!!! :wall:

Im still being tested for all sorts at the moment, see if theres a reason its all falling off me...

Pop along to the Drs if I was you, they'll do some bloodtests and see whats happening in u!

there is a condition which is a particular post-natal kind of hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) so those of u who were NOT as skinny pre-baby as u might be now- really get tested for it because if left untreated it turns the other way around- hypothyroidism where u get fat without eating and get facial hair- and it is PERMANENT! i read up on this when i was looking for excuses for my postnantal dramatic weight loss (to cover up the truth which is an eating disorder)

jade and babylicious- i have seen both of you with weight loss tickers before so be careful theres nothing more to it u might not even be aware of :hug:

Yeh I would get checked hun!
Unfortuntely Im the opposite and have an underactive thyroid and no matter what I do I cant lose the weight! lol (though I dont have facial hair!! :shock: Hopefully that wont spring up on me haha)

My husband is really skinny but eats loads.

Could it be that you arent eating enough of the right things? And you have suggested that you are stressing out about things you do not want to post iykwim. That wont help either.

Would your doctor refer you to a dietician? :hug:

Aww Jade,really hope your ok, maybe its all that dancing to YMCA ;) Seriously though get it checked :hug:

Read your update :)

Good news theres nothing wrong medically so I would say set yourself an eating plan the same as somebody would who is dieting. Three balanced meals a day, healthy snacks, not too much sugar and fat, get yourself some vitamins and possibly try some weight gain milkshakes for between meals. If you do that and still don't put on weight then go back to the doctors and ask to be refered to a dietician. I was refered when my weight fell below 6st. I was about 2lb away from being hospitalised. I was given medicine to give me an appetite (I basically didn't eat and lived on fags and coffee) but the medicine made me hungry and tired so I couldn't be bothered to eat :roll:

You say you eat everything but maybe you are eating the wrongs things at the wrong time? :think: Putting on weight can be really hard, I know I've been there and its horrible.

Did they only test your thyroid? :think:
Losing weight like that isnt right! Thats an unnatural weight and I think you doc needs to do more than refuse to give you the pill?? :talkhand:
I hope it is nothing too bad but I really would ask for extra tests!

I could have written that first post about a month ago! Weight was falling off me and I was eating like a pig, hated all the "I can't believe you had a baby" comments and started wearing baggy clothes to hide the scrawniness (is that even a word!?!).

I went on holiday to Tenerife two weeks ago, and for the first time in about a year I relaxed. I honestly didn't realise how stressed I was until that point.

I know you're going through some stuff at the moment, and like me, this could be the reason. If you go back to the Doc, and they run more tests, discuss with him if stress is a possibility. I'm now putting weight on, as I had a bit of a revelation on holiday about not letting things get to me.....I know that makes it sound easy, but realising how stressed I was really woke me up!

As always, I'm here if you need to talk.

Ahh, its a shame they didnt find anything!!

Dr found nothing wrong on my blood tests except anemia...

I am 6 stone 10 and 5"6... My Dr is not worried in the slightest... that in its self is concerning to me!!!

His advice was eat Mcdonalds and sit on the sofa all day!!

I hate it though, I cant buy clothes, I lood dreadfull, all boney n gangly. So I sympathise with you. I just wish I was your height, as then I may not look so bad... :wall:

why wont they give u the pill? :think: they prescribed the pill for me when i was 5st 11. there must be more tests they can do than just thyroid! what about diabetes? (dont wanna scare u just tryna think of other conditions that may cause weight loss) if theres nothing wrong ur probably eating a lot less than u think u are. when i feel like iv eaten "loads" and "like a pig" to the next person its really not that much :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back