Princess Ella's Journal

precious_cargo

Reaction score
Hi ladies heres birth story link:
http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=331473

So last 48hrs has been a steep learning curve!! After sleeping in the hosp in a cot for 3hrs solid we got home n theres only 2 places shell sleep. On Mummy n on Daddy. As soon as she goes into her moses basket shes awake!! She starts grunting then progresses to full on strop. Me n OH r currently on 3hr shifts as im also bfing n was told by mw no bottles until bf is established. I have v little experience with bfing so any help would b gratefully received!! Shes also very sucky so wen trying to self soothe wen in moses basket she doesnt get v far just fist (well mit) sucking!

So after no sleep my Mum came to the rescue watching her so we could sleep! We then braved a car outing to asda n costa (just down the road)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360547530.758020.jpg this is the 30seconds we lasted in the basket b4 throwing a major hissy!!

Oh also i bf but mw said not to give her a bottle but id like oh to have chance to feed- what do i do???

God i sound like a right moaner!!

Babydust to all

So pleased to see the start of your new journal! :yay: I obviously have no advice as I'm not there yet :clock: Ella looks so tiny on her moses basket, you'll get into the swing of things soon enough I'm sure xxx

Much love to the three of you xxxx :love:

Hi hun. Good on u for getting out so soon. I tried bf but Zach wouldnt latch on so i expressed and used bottles. After Zach got a taste for it he then latched on to breast. I ha to stop after 2 weeks as supply dropped. Hope this helps...do what u want to do hun. Xxx

Hi hun, try not to use bottles yet if u want to bf, especially if she is latching on well. I know what u mean about wanting ure oh to feed her, I was the same. You just need to stick it out, I'm only going to express wen really necessary & I'm going to wait abit longer. If u introduce the bottle they say baby might not latch back on easy so to only use the bottle occasionally.

I have that pink singing toy that u have in the Moses basket, my bf bought her it.

What a nightmare her not sleeping in her basket, you need to get her out of habit of only sleeping on u both ASAP otherwise ull both be exhausted.

Xx

Exactly hun well weve been putting her down in it lots today n she has laid in it a couple of times for a few minutes at the time at least its a start! Me n oh do shifts but because im bf i get 2.5-3hrs max! Shes had really bad colic n not sure if to give her dummy to help her self soothe!! Confused! X

Babydust to all

Congratulations on your baby girl - she is a beauty.

I didnt bf but i think the idea is not to give a dummy or a bottle until bf is established as it causes confusion for baby?

It does get easier hun - my lo wouldnt go in her moses basket at first and it was so hard with no sleep but no i really wished i hadnt worried so much about it. Glad you and oh are doing shufts to make it a bit easier

You did well going out to the shops :)

Ive hit a major wall tonight im exhausted n i think my hormonal crash has well and truly hit.

We tried to settle upstairs n she wouldnt go down at all, i cant get any wind out of her and she is screaming with colic. I just dont know what to do!

Babydust to all

Hello huney, I know you are exhausted but it does get better. Trust your instincts, it's the tiredness and hormones that make it 100 times worse, don't expect too much too soon. Work in shifts with your OH and sleep as much as you can, when you can. It will get better, promise! Xxx

Thanks hun had another shovker last night god knows wat ill do when oh goes back to work!! X

Babydust to all

Git our princess registered today :0)))))))

No change wiv the colic tho x

Babydust to all

Are you giving her something for the colic hun? How u feeling, ure not getting ureself down ru?

Xx

Hi amber yep shes on infacol not sure if I dare say it but weve had a better last few days as ive started to move her onto formula :shock: and we slept last night much better xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

That's good news hun, are u stopping bf then?

Xx

Yep its nit what I wanted byt think its tge best decision x my success last night has been short lived! She will not part with her wind :0 (

Had a mixed couple of days some really good nights and some awful ones. Shes been a bit sicky and we are getting used to the poo explosions that occur twice a day. My milk has left the building and feel a bit sad about it. Am I weird?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361257268983.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361257268983.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 16
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361257288482.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361257288482.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 15
That's a shame ure having to stop bf, especially if its something u wanted to do. No it's not weird ure sad ure milk has gone, I wud be too!

Cute pictures, think I have that bib. Is it from next? Says I love my mummy?

Xx

Yep hun got the little neck chiefs as well xx

Ella Faith 8/2/13 8lb 13.5 oz x

Had a terrible afternoon and evening last night Ellas constantly in pain with her tummy :0 ( not sure what to do
!
Ella Faith 8/2/13 8lb 13.5 oz x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back