Pregnant or Not?

emmie_1980

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I am new to this site, Mummy to a 10 year old and TTC for baby number 2. Looking for a bit of advice from expectant mums or anyone who may have been through the same......

Had my implant removed May 11th. I have done 5 pregnancy tests - 4 clear blue that were all positive, 1 doctors one which came back negative. 2 positive blood tests - bloods had doubled. Experienced pains and heavy discharge (no blood) so went to hospital and a scan was done. Could not see anything, no sac, lining of my womb hadn't thickened, not anything to indicate I was pregnant! Was even told that by the scan it looked like i was ovulating :-( Was asked to have another blood test.... results have doubled again! I am now so confused, I have been booked in for another scan but I am now so upet by it all. Has anyone ever known for the removal of the implant to give fake pregnancy results or do you think I am just too early for it to show up on a scan? Apart from my boobs growing slighty, I have not had any signs of pregnancy. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Emmie xx

ive not had that but the nearest i had was with this pregnancy, all my test came back positive and from what i can remember my bloods slowly increased, i had a scan done but this actually showed a sac but was completely empty.

with my first child i had a scan done at 4 wks as it was suspected ectopic and they could see the sac where the baby would eventually be and it was about 4 mm big.

when was your lmp again? just to give me an idea of how far gone u should be

I have not had periods for over 2 years - the whole time my implant was in! My implant was removed 11th May. My GP estimated i was around 6 weeks pregnant last week. Hopefully my next scan will show something. All my pains have now stopped and I still haven't had any bleeding which is a good sign!

i'd have thought then the gestational sac would show up on the scan even if nothin else does, i was estimated 6wks 3 days and i was told that because the sac was empty it ment that i lost it pretty much as soon as i conceived because the body could detect there was a major chromosone problem and so it doesnt allow the pregnancy to progress but unfortunately the body doesnt expell everything so carries on as though it is pregnant giving you symptoms and positive tests, but they also said at this stage if the baby is small, not in a good position or your uterus is slightly tilted then it may not show up on the scan. So i was made to go back 2 weeks later when they said if i had a viable pregnancy it would be detected by an internal scan at that stage.

Horrible waiting time i know ive been through it, i was very lucky the baby was just small so it didnt show until an internal scan at 8 weeks, but ive read other ppl arent as lucky, so i will keep my fingers crossed and hope and pray you get the outcome you want.

I was 100% convinced it would be a bad outcome, so if it was i was prepared for it and if it was a good outcome then i'd of had a miracle.

xx

Thanks for your advice - my next scan is booked for tomorrow so it's not too much longer of a wait. I will just keep everything crossed that all goes well. x x

Fingers crossed u r not as far gone as u think and they will find a little bean tomorrow!

Thanks for your advice - my next scan is booked for tomorrow so it's not too much longer of a wait. I will just keep everything crossed that all goes well. x x

just a little thought, if they find a gestational sac and no baby ask them what the possibilities are that you could have a tilted uterus as when i was researching at the start of my pregnancy a couple of women said that their babies werent found until 10 and even as late as 13 weeks - but be warned the only reason the doctors agreed to wait tat long was due t other test results as well.

If it is the worst just ask what your options are with regards to waiting a bit longer, doing more bloods and another pregnancy test - if you want you can even explain what happened to me as an example to explain your point , but if they feel there is no chance and wish to do a d&c just remember its all for your own good and health hun, then that way youcan also give your body a few months to get back to a normal cycle aftethe implatation, as my friend had that, came off it straight away and went on to have 5 m/c in a row, after te 5th the docs told her her body needed time to adjust so she leftit afew months and now she is almost 7 months with her 2nd

good luck xxxx

Thanks ladies x

Thanks Roxane, will keep that in mind. Was worried that not having a period before trying might cause a problem but my doctor and the nurse said it would be okay and there were plenty of success stories about.... hopefully it will all be okay x x

Posted a reply in your other thread. If they can't detect anything using the normal ultrasound and dont try the internal probe, ask them why? The internal one is more likely to pick up something at this early stage as I believe its stronger and can obviously get closer to the uterus (I had a scan the other week, they couldnt find anything using the normal scan then found a gestational sac using the internal probe).

Another scan on monday showed the sac using the normal scan.

Good luck for your scan tomorrow! Fingers crossed they will find a little person in there!

I've not had this but just wanted to say maybe you are not as far along as you think this could be the reason for not showing anything, did they do an internal scan? fingers crossed for good news tommorrow

All went well.... I am 5 weeks! All looked perfectly normal, I have got to go back for another scan in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed! So pleased xx

Congratulations!! xx

What could you see on the scan, was it clear?

would love to know how it all looks at 5ks but i have to wait till 7 :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back